Sensex Today | Nifty Price | Stocks Close At Record Highs
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty End At Record Highs
Indian stocks extended gains for the fourth consecutive trading session to end at record highs.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.62 percent to close at an all-time high at 41,859.65 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.59 percent to end at a record high at 12,329.55. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.67 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 1,184 stocks advanced and 640 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
All the 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index’s 2.1 percent advance.
Large Trade Alert: Avenue Supermarts, HDFC Bank
- Avenue Supermarts: About 16.8 lakh shares of the company changed hands in a large trade.
- HDFC Bank: About 30.8 lakh shares of the company changed hands in a large trade.
Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Global Markets Update: U.S. Futures Gain
U.S. equity futures climbed with Asian shares on Monday and Europe stocks drifted as investors showed mild optimism at the start of a busy week set to be dominated by the beginning of earnings season and the signing of a partial China trade deal.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index edged higher.
- Futures on the S&P 500 Index rose 0.3 percent.
- The U.K.’s FTSE 100 Index gained 0.4 percent.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index climbed 0.4 percent.
Get your daily fix of global markets here.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 9.7 percent, the most since Feb. 21, 2019, to Rs 808.05.
- Government plans to order about 200 fighter jets, according to Business Standard report.
Balrampur Chini Mills
- Stock rose as much as 4.8 percent to Rs 193.15.
- Company commissioned 160 KLPD at its Distillery Unit at its Gularia unit.
- Total distillation capacity stands at 520KLPD
L&T Finance Holdings
- Stock rose as much as 4.2 percent to Rs 127.05.
- UBS initiated ‘Buy’ with a price target at Rs 165.
- Risks on infrastructure projects have come-off; execution key for real estate.
- Lower competitive intensity and new initiatives to support loan growth.
- Easing liquidity to reduce cost of funds; counter cyclical provisions to limit credit costs.
- Stock rose as much as 6.1 percent to Rs 899.90.
- Margins expanded by 400 basis points to 22.2 percent.
- Net profit rose 51 percent and revenue rose 7 percent.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Shares fell 1.9 percent intraday to Rs 590 each.
- Trading volume was 20-times its 20-day average for this time of the day.
- Shares rose as much as 1.6 percent to Rs 590 each.
- Trading volume was 30-times its 20-day average for this time of the day.
- Shares jumped close to 12 percent to Rs 24.90 apiece.
- Trading volume was six times its 20-day average for this time of the day.
Religare Enterprises Hits 5% Upper Circuit After Large Trades
Shares of Religare Enterprises hit their upper circuit of 5 percent.
About 60 lakh shares or 2.6 percent equity of the company changed hands in two large trades, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Trading volume was more than 40 times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed.