Apple CEO Tim Cook and his team introduced a host of products in what was the technology giant’s most anticipated product launch in years. Apart from the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, Cook also announced the much-hyped iPhone X calling it ‘the future of the smartphone’.
The event also saw the launch of the Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular connectivity, allowing users to make calls and use the internet without having to carry an iPhone around. The Apple TV was upgraded and now will feature 4K and HDR. It can also double up as a gaming platform.
Reactions to the mega event, which tech geeks have eagerly awaiting, are still pouring in. The initial responses seem to be in line with all the hype.
Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
While the phones look pretty much the same as their predecessors, the new glass cover on the front and back lends the device a fresher look.
- iPhone 8: 4.7-inch Retina HD display
- iPhone 8 Plus: 5.5-inch Retina HD display
- CPU: A11 Bionic; upto 70 percent faster than the earlier processor A10 Fusion; Users can experience extraordinary augmented reality apps and games
- Wireless Charging via the AirPower mat
- Price: iPhone 8 is available at $699 and iPhone 8 Plus is available at $799
Here’s how Twitterati reacted.
Apple Watch Series 3
Tim Cook said that Apple has become the world's number one watch brand, overtaking Rolex.
- Built-in cellular connectivity, allows it to double up as a wearable phone
- Users can stream up to 40,00 songs
- Redesigned workout app with new features for swimmers and gym-goers
- Price: Starting from $399 and going up to $749
Here’s a peek into all the buzz about the device on Twitter:
Apple 4K TV
Apple’s TV also made quite an impact as Cook & Co. proceeded to make an impressive display of its picture quality.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) for crisper picture
- Live streaming of news and sports
- Users can access content from over 60 video services. Browsing can be done without switching from one app to another
- Price: Apple 4K TV 32 GB1 is available for $179, while Apple 4K TV 64 GB1 is available for $199
Here’s the verdict of Twitterverse :
Apple iPhone X
Finally, coming to the most exciting launch of all, the ‘futuristic’ Apple iPhone X. It’s sleek and super-shiny because of the all-screen look and the seamless blend of the back and front glass cover.
- 5.8‑inch Super Retina screen
- Face ID sensors: The facial recognition feature allows user not just to unlock the phone, but also to authenticate payments via Apple Pay
- TrueDepth Camera that allows real time adjustment of lighting and also analyses more than 50 different muscle movement
- ‘Animoji’: Allows you to record messages as animal emoticons that will then be sent via text and played on loop inside the chat
- Price: $999
Here’s a low-down on all the he-said, she-said :