BQuick On Dec. 15: Top 10 Stories In Under 5 Minutes
Here’s a roundup of the day’s top stories in brief.
1. India's Pandemic Economy And Its Many Surprises
Pandemic predictions ranging from inflation to corporate debt have gone wrong. Ira Dugal breaks down the trends that gathered steam and the questions that remain open.
2. S&P Raises India's Growth Forecast
S&P Global Ratings raised India's growth projection for FY21 to -7.7% from -9% estimated earlier on rising demand and falling Covid-19 infection rates.
3. Sensex’s Late Recovery
India's benchmark index ended little changed after recovering nearly 400 points from the day's low.
4. Mrs. Bector IPO Subscribed Nearly 4 Times
The initial public offering of Mrs. Bectors Food Specialities Ltd. saw strong demand on the first day led by interest from retail investors.
Also read: How Indian IPOs Fared In 2020
5. Who Pockets What On Every Litre Of Petrol And Diesel
Bulk of what consumers pay at the pump comprises central and state taxes, and other charges.
6. Infosys CEO Says Clients' Investment Appetite 'Tremendous'
Infosys Ltd. is seeing increased appetite among its clients for investments toward technology to drive growth.
7. Facebook Bets On Ambani To Dominate Payment Services
“A big part of why I was excited to partner with you is, there are not many people around the world who’ve just gone industry after industry and revolutionized them and improved them, and continue to do it,” Mark Zuckerberg told Mukesh Ambani.
8. India’s Tight Grip On Rupee Under Threat
A relentless torrent of foreign funds rushing into India’s markets may tip the Reserve Bank of India’s delicate balancing act in 2021.
9. U.K. Prime Minister To Be Republic Day Chief Guest
Boris Johnson will visit India in January in an attempt to boost trade ties as his government prepares for a life divorced from Europe.
10. Farmer Protests: Echoes Of The Badla Ban
Remember the Badla ban in India’s stock markets? No? Raghav Bahl argues that eventually the farmers’ protests will be forgotten the same way.