Sensex, Nifty End Little Changed; Bajaj Twins Outperform
It was a day of recoveries for India's benchmark indices with both the indices ending little changed after recovering from the lowest point of the day.
The S&P BSE Sensex recovered over 400 points from the day's low to end 9 points higher at 46,263. The NSE Nifty 50 index too recovered 120 points from the lowest point of the day to end 9 points higher at 13,567.
Among the top gainers today - it was the Bajaj twins - Finance and Finserv that emerged as the outperformers. Bajaj Finance ended at a record high, with gains of over 5%. The stock also crossed the 5,000 per share mark for the first time ever.
Within the sectoral indices, it was the Nifty Media index that outperformed, ending with gains of 1.8%. The Metal index recovered its losses to end with gains of 0.8% while the Nifty Auto index saw gains of 0.6% in today's session.
The top performers of Monday - FMCG and PSU Banks were the top laggards in today's session. The PSU Bank index ended 1.5% lower while the FMCG index declined 1.3%.
Broader markets outperformed the benchmarks in today's session. The Nifty Midcap index ended 0.5% higher while the Smallcap index rose 0.2%.
914 stocks on the NSE ended with gains while 977 stocks posted losses.
How Did The Sectoral Indices Fare
In Focus: Petrol & Diesel Sale
Buzzing Stock: Galaxy Surfactants
- Second best performer on the Nifty 500 index
- Trading at a record high
- Gains as much as 8.65% to Rs 2,050
- Today's volumes are almost triple its 20-day average
- Relative Strength Index (RSI) of the stock at 65
- Eight out of the 11 analysts tracking the stock have a buy recommendation; 1 sell call
- Return potential of the stock as per Bloomberg consensus data at 7%
Markets At 2:10 P.M.
- Benchmark indices pare losses; trade little changed
- Nifty up 7 points at 13,565
- Sensex up 20 points at 46,271
- Nifty Bank up 0.3% at 30,650
- Nifty Midcap index up 0.1%
- Nifty Smallcap index up 0.3%
- India Volatility Index up 0.5% to 19.5
- Nifty PSU Bank index off the day's low but remains top sectoral laggard; down 1.4%
- Nifty Realty and Nifty FMCG index down 1% each
- Nifty Media is the top sectoral gainer; up 1%
- Nifty Auto, Nifty Metal index up 0.3% each
- Bajaj Finance is the top Nifty gainer; up 4%
- Nestle India is the top Nifty laggard; down 1.7%
- 876 stocks on the NSE trade with gains while 994 decline