BQuick On Dec. 14: Top 10 Stories In Under 5 Minutes
Here’s a roundup of the day’s top stories in brief.
1. DHFL Resolution: What Bidders Are Offering
The latest round of bidding for assets of Dewan Housing Finance Corp. has received offers from three of the four bidders.
2. CPI Inflation Shows Signs Of Easing
India’s retail inflation stood at 6.93% in November, compared to 7.61% in October, mainly due to reduction in prices of some food items.
3. Air India Employees Bid For Majority Stake
A group of 219 Air India Ltd. employees are looking to purchase 51% of the airline. "Multiple expressions of interest have been received", tweeted Dipam Secretary Tuhin Pandey.
4. Sensex Rises; Burger King Surges On Debut
5. What Jhunjhunwala, Damani And Other Veteran Investors Bought And Sold In Q2
Jhunjhunwala and his family raised stakes in seven companies and pared in five in the quarter ended September.
6. Online Shoppers Breathe Life Into Commercial Vehicle Demand
Light commercial vehicle sales have boosted overall volumes — albeit from a lower base.
7. Shaktikanta Das Sees Wider Inflation Target As Meaningless
The Reserve Bank of India governor cautioned that changing the inflation targeting mechanism would dilute its effectiveness towards monetary policy.
8. Survivor Of Ransom, Terror Attacks Now Rivals Ambani
Gautam Adani is now India’s richest person after Mukesh Ambani. And while the country sank into recession during the pandemic, Adani’s fortune surged.
Google faced widespread outages around the world preventing people from accessing popular services like Gmail, YouTube, Drive and Maps among others.
10. Agitating Farmers Fast In Protest Against New Laws
Farmer groups across the country observed a day-long hunger strike against new farm laws with protests intensifying at Delhi’s borders.