Sensex, Nifty Halt Longest Losing Streak In Over A Month
Countdown Live: Top Closing Strategies
Sun Pharma To Acquire Japan-Based Pola Pharma
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.. the country's largest pharmaceutical company by market value, plans to acquire Japan-based Pola Pharma Inc. for $1 million in cash, according to its stock exchange notification.
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Halt Three-Day Rally Led By Gains In HDFC Bank, HUL
Indian equity benchmarks snapped a three-day decline, their longest losing streak in over a month. The S&P BSE Sensex Index closed 1.07 percent higher at 35,334.08 while the NSE Nifty 50 Index ended at 10,628.60, up 0.97 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. Nine out off 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE advanced, led by the NSE Nifty FMCG index's 2.36 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty Metal Index was the top sectoral loser, down 1.32 percent.
HEG Gains After Board Approves Buyback Proposal
Shares of HEG rose 0.6 percent to Rs 4,375 after its company's board approved share buyback proposal.
The company plans to buy back up to 3.41 percent of paid-up capital for Rs 750 crore at Rs 5,500 per share, according to its stock exchange filing.
HUDCO Q2 Profit Up 6%, Shares Gain
Housing & Urban Development Corp (HUDCO) reported a net profit of Rs 282 crore, an increase of 6 percent from the year-ago period, according to its stock exchange filing. Shares of the company rose as much as 5.2 percent to Rs 46.30.
Key earnings highlights (Q2, YoY)
- Net profit up 6.2 percent at Rs 282 crore.
- NII up 24 percent at Rs 501.4 crore.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
Cox & Kings
- Stock rose as much as 15.5 percent to Rs 202.
- Trading volume was more than 20 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 7.2 percent to Rs 1,391.
- Trading volume was quadruple its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 7.8 percent to Rs 200.15.
- Trading volume was more than 80 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 9.5 percent to Rs 265.
- Trading volume was more than seven times its 20-day average.