Sensex, Nifty Snap Two-Day Losing Streak As RIL, HDFC Lead
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Snap Two-Day Losing Streak As RIL, HDFC Lead
Indian equities halted a two-day losing streak, led by the gains in Reliance Industries Ltd. and HDFC Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.58 percent to close at 41,216.14 and the NSE Nifty 50 rose 0.63 percent to end at 12,107.90. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index rose 0.42 percent.
The market breadth, however, was tilted in favour of sellers. About 962 stocks declined and 801 shares advanced on National Stock Exchange.
Nine out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by the NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Media Index’s 1.63 percent gain. On the flipside, the NSE Nifty FMCG Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.37 percent.
Fab Four Stocks Of The Day
- Stock rose as much as 7.1 percent to Rs 364.75 after announcing December quarter results.
Key Earnings Highlights (Q3, YoY):
- Revenue rose 12.4 percent to Rs 278.1 crore
- Net profit rose 2.3 percent to Rs 33.3 crore
- Ebitda fell 1.3 percent to Rs 112.3 crore
- Margin stood at 40.4 percent versus 46 percent
- Occupancy at 74.6 percent versus 73.9 percent
- Hospitality segment revenue rose 7 percent to Rs 250 crore
- Rental & commercial segment revenue rose 2.2 times to Rs 28 crore
- Shares extended gains for the fourth consecutive trading session. The stock rose as much as 9.5 percent to hit an all-time high at Rs 486. The company had announced its December quarter results on Friday.
Here are the key earnings highlights (Q3, YoY):
- Revenue up 18.4 percent to Rs 512.9 crore.
- Net profit down 4.1 percent to Rs 35 crore.
- Ebitda up 2x to Rs 168.9 crore.
- Margin at 32.9 percent versus 19.3 percent.
- IND AS 116 impact raises margins.
Sun TV Network
- Stock rose as much as 6.7 percent to Rs 512.75.
- Fresh longs seen with high open interest of 18 percent.
- Trading volume was three times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 13.3 percent to Rs 411.65.
- Share jump to highest levels in eight months.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
- Stock rose as much as 6.2 percent to Rs 268.55.
- Trading volume was almost 30 times its 20-day average.
- Stock fell as much as 5.6 percent to Rs 40.85.
- Trading volume was almost three times its 20-day average.
Whirlpool of India
- Stock fell as much as 4.1 percent to Rs 2,278.
- Trading volume was more than three times its 20-day average.
Stocks Reacting To Results Announcement
BASF (Q3, YoY)
- Stock fell as much as 3.4 percent to Rs 956.
- Revenue up 43.4 percent to Rs 2,014.4 crore.
- Net loss of Rs 32.4 crore versus net loss of Rs 38.4 crore.
- Ebitda gain of Rs 39.3 crore versus Ebidta loss of Rs 11.9 crore.
Siemens (Q1, YoY)
- Stock rose as much as 3.1 percent to Rs 1,522.
- Revenue down 5 percent to Rs 2,669 crore.
- Net profit up 15 percent to Rs 262 crore.
- Ebitda up 10 percent to Rs 337.7 crore.
- Margin at 12.6 percent versus 10.9 percent.
Large Trade Alert: Tata Motors
About 16.4 lakh shares of Tata Motors changed hands in a large trade, Bloomberg data showed. Buyers and sellers were not known immediately.
Parag Milk Foods Declines For Third Day, Shares Drop 17% To Record Low
Shares of Parag Milk Foods extended declines for the third consecutive trading session. The stock fell as much as 16.9 percent to hit an all-time low at Rs 100.
Trading volume was more than nine times its 20-day average, Bloomberg data showed. The Relative Strength Index was below 30, indicating that the stock may be oversold.