Sensex, Nifty Halt Record Closing Streak As IndusInd Bank, Infosys Drag
Closing Bell: Sensex, Nifty Halt Record Closing Streak As IndusInd Bank, Infosys Drag
Indian stocks halted their two-day record closing streak, led by the declines in IndusInd Bank and Reliance Industries Ltd.
The S&P BSE Sensex fell 0.19 percent to close at 41,872.73 and the NSE Nifty 50 fell 0.18 percent to end at 12,340.35. The broader markets represented by the NSE Nifty 500 Index, however, rose 0.11 percent.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of buyers. About 1,095 stocks advanced and 684 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Seven out of 11 sectoral gauges compiled by NSE ended higher, led by the NSE Nifty Realty Index’s 1.3 percent higher. On the flipside, the Private Bank Index was the top sectoral loser, down 0.87 percent.
Fab Four Stocks Of the Day
Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers
- Stock rose as much as 13.1 percent, the most since Oct. 30, 2019, to Rs 59.90.
- Government plans to decontrol urea prices, according to Reuters report.
Capacite Infra Projects
- Stock rose as much as 5.6 percent to Rs 204.95.
- Received Rs 407.2 crore construction contract for EPC Project in Mumbai
- Shares rose 2.4 percent to Rs 1,923 after announcing December quarter results. The stock had risen as much as 6.7 percent earlier.
- Net profit up 5 percent to Rs 377 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 378 crore)
- Revenue up 5 percent to Rs 2,811 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 2,699 crore)
- EBIT up 9 percent to Rs 457 crore (Bloomberg Estimate: Rs 436 crore)
- EBIT Margin at 16.3 percent versus 15.6 percent (Bloomberg Estimate: 16.2 percent)
- Stock rose as much as 4.4 percent to Rs 133.90.
- Fresh longs seen with high open interest of 21 percent.
- Trading volume was eight times its 20-day average.
F&O Check: Nifty 12,300 Put Option Premium Gains Nearly 10%
Nifty’s 12,300 put option contract was among the most active Nifty option contracts on National Stock Exchange.
Premium on the contract, which is set to expire on Jan. 16, rose 9.8 percent to Rs 25.70. About 1.36 shares were removed from the open interest which stood at over 30.26 lakh shares.
Stocks Moving On Heavy Volumes
United Bank of India
- Stock rose as much as 10.9 percent to Rs 9.60.
- Trading volume was more than 11 times its 20-day average.
- Stock rose as much as 4.3 percent to Rs 901.70.
- Trading volume was almost 11 times its 20-day average.
Gujarat Pipavav Port
- Stock rose as much as 7.9 percent to Rs 98.60.
- Trading volume was more than 10 times its 20-day average.
Large Trade Alert: IDFC First Bank, Info Edge
- IDFC First Bank: About 10 lakh shares of the company changed hands in a large trade.
- Info Edge: About 23.1 lakh shares of the company changed hands in a large trade.
Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Surges 13%
Shares of Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers rose as much as 13.1 percent, the most since Oct. 30, 2019, to Rs 59.90.
The stock returned 6.8 percent in the past five days and advanced 15 percent in the past 30 days, according to Bloomberg data.
Meanwhile shares of National Fertilizers and Chambal Fertilizers rallied as much as 16 percent and 8 percent respectively