McMansions, Wildfires and Market Predictors
(Bloomberg Opinion) -- My midweek morning train reads:
- Your Fees Are Bull%$&* (Institutional Investor)
- The Eight Best Predictors of the Long-Term Market (Wall Street Journal) but see How to Trade Stocks: Don’t Try to Forecast the Market, Do This Instead (Investor’s Business Daily)
- Lifehacks for When a Robot Wants Your Job: The machines can be defeated! (Bloomberg Opinion)
- Quant Hedge Funds Trail Old-School Ones, But Reap All the New Money (Chief Investment Officer)
- The Ultra-Pure, Super-Secret Sand That Makes Your Phone Possible (Wired)
- Australia’s China reset (the Monthly)
- Betsy DeVos’s summer home deserves a special place in McMansion Hell (Vox)
- It’s a Big Deal That LeBron James Decided to Fund a Public School (Slate)
- New Poll: 43% of Republicans Want to Give Trump the Power to Shut Down Media (Daily Beast); see also Trump haters will love Rick Wilson’s scathing new book, “Everything Trump Touches Dies” (the Week)
- The Mendocino Complex fire is now the largest wildfire ever recorded in California (Washington Post)
What are you reading?
Voters in red states tend to use more gasoline — and pay for it from smaller incomes
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg Opinion columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He is the author of “Bailout Nation.”
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.