Billion-Dollar Loopholes and the Trouble With Trump
(Bloomberg View) -- My winter solstice morning train reads:
- Money Talks: Blackstone, Carlyle, KKR dial up donations to key GOP lawmakers as tax bill protects carried interest loophole (Fox Business)
- The Slow Death of the American Mall (Wall Street Journal)
- Google Maps’s Moat (Justin O'Beirne) but see Apple’s Growing Bet on Hardware (Above Avalon)
- The Billion-Dollar Loophole (ProPublica)
- How the baby boomers inherited a rich, dynamic country and gradually bankrupted it (Vox); see also Why millennials are facing the scariest financial future of any generation since the Great Depression. (Huffington Post)
- Bartlett: After tax cuts, Republicans may suddenly find Trump is more trouble than he’s worth (USA Today)
- Climate change is the story you missed in 2017. And the media is to blame (the Guardian)
- How to Make a Mint: The Cryptography of Anonymous Electronic Cash, Circa 1996 (MIT)
- European Ruling Buries Uber’s Platform Myth (Bloomberg View); see also If Uber Is a Taxi Firm, Airbnb Looks a Lot Like a Hilton (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- The Year in Pictures 2017 (New York Times)
What are you reading?
How Tech Companies Own Your Day
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg View columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He blogs at the Big Picture and is the author of “Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy.”
For more columns from Bloomberg View, visit http://www.bloomberg.com/view.
©2017 Bloomberg L.P.