(Bloomberg View) -- My big conference day morning train reads:
- The War Between Fear and Evidence (Of Dollars and Data)
- This is how Apple built the iPhone X (Mashable); see also With the iPhone X, Apple is asking you to break up with the home button (Washington Post)
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated -- it was of the squeezed middle (London School of Economics)
- Facebook Is Still In Denial About Fake News (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- Ready for the golden years? 8 facts on retirement savings (ABC); see also The Increasing Importance of the 401k (Wealth of Common Sense)
- Investors to Managers: Cut the Data and Tell Me the Story! (Institutional Investor)
- Why Google and Amazon Aren’t in the Dow (Bloomberg)
- Awaiting Trump’s coal comeback, miners reject retraining (Reuters)
- "The Russians Have Succeeded Beyond Their Wildest Expectations" (Politico); see also Pro-Russian Lobbyist Is Still Lurking Around the White House (Daily Beast)
- Little star, big planet (Syfy Wire)
What are you reading?
Americans Are Officially Freaking Out
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg View columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He blogs at the Big Picture and is the author of “Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy.”
For more columns from Bloomberg View, visit http://www.bloomberg.com/view.
©2017 Bloomberg L.P.