Conversations With HUL Distributors In Uttar Pradesh: ICICI Securities Insights
BQ Blue’s special research section collates quality and in-depth equity and economy research reports from across India’s top brokerages, asset managers and research agencies. These reports offer BloombergQuint’s subscribers an opportunity to expand their understanding of companies, sectors and the economy.
ICICI Securities Report
With lower margins and higher landing rates, the general trade dealers are facing continuous conflict with organised wholesale stores - that's the insight from our conversation with Hindustan Unilever Ltd.'s distributors in Western Uttar Pradesh.
They told us,
1. HUL has raised prices of key stock keeping units such as Taj Mahal one kilogram, Lux sets and Surf Excel one kg,
2. with many players present in the tea space, Taj Mahal (due to the price hikes) might lose some market share to other organised players in the short term,
3. the company is propelling the dealers to cover the smallest retailers present in the territory,
4. the dealers face negligible need for higher working capital requirements and
5. company is aggressively pushing the retailers to order from the mobile application - Shikhar.
Click on the attachment to read the full report:
This report is authored by an external party. BloombergQuint does not vouch for the accuracy of its contents nor is responsible for them in any way. The contents of this section do not constitute investment advice. For that you must always consult an expert based on your individual needs. The views expressed in the report are that of the author entity and do not represent the views of BloombergQuint.
Users have no license to copy, modify, or distribute the content without permission of the Original Owner.