Consumer Durables Channel Check - June Demand Bounces Back, Sustenance Key: Prabhudas Lilladher
BQ Blue’s special research section collates quality and in-depth equity and economy research reports from across India’s top brokerages, asset managers and research agencies. These reports offer BloombergQuint’s subscribers an opportunity to expand their understanding of companies, sectors and the economy.
Prabhudas Lilladher Report
We interacted with channel partners covering key markets to ascertain demand trends across product categories during the quarter.
Our key observations are:
1. demand momentum sustained till mid-April
2. May was less impacted than last year as lockdowns were state specific and markets/e-com deliveries remained operational in few states
3. post unlock in June, demand intensity was strong in initial days before fizzling out towards the end
4. channel expects intensity of pent-up demand to be weaker versus last year
5. delayed onset of monsoon in North aided sale of seasonal products
6. Indication of 5%-7% price hikes across products categories in July and
7. despite lockdowns channel inventory remains comfortable at near 2019 levels.
Click on the attachment to read the full report:
This report is authored by an external party. BloombergQuint does not vouch for the accuracy of its contents nor is responsible for them in any way. The contents of this section do not constitute investment advice. For that you must always consult an expert based on your individual needs. The views expressed in the report are that of the author entity and do not represent the views of BloombergQuint.
Users have no license to copy, modify, or distribute the content without permission of the Original Owner.