UIDAI Head Ajay Bhushan Pandey To Be Next Revenue Secretary
Ajay Bhushan Pandey, the head of Aadhaar-issuing authority, will be the next revenue secretary as Hasmukh Adhia retires on Nov. 30.
Pandey, a 1984 Maharashtra-cadre officer of the Indian Administrative Services, will take over from Dec. 1, according to an order of the Department of Personnel and Training. He will continue to hold the additional charge of chief executive officer, UIDAI and chairman, Goods and Services Tax Network.
Pandey has previously served as secretary of information technology, collector of Jalgaon and deputy commissioner of sales tax in Maharashtra; and as director at the Ministry of Labour and private secretary to minister of food at Government of India.
Adhia, a 1981-batch Gujarat cadre officer, retires on Nov. 30 after more than three-and-a-half decades of service.
Other appointments are:
- Girish Chandra Murmu has been appointed officer on special duty in the Department of Expenditure; he will take charge as the secretary after incumbent AN Jha on retires Jan 31.
- N Sivasailam named special secretary (logistics), Department of Commerce. He was special secretary, Department of Telecommunications.
- Sumanta Chaudhuri given the charge of secretary, Ministry of Coal. Chaudhuri was managing director of Small Farmers’ Agri-Business Consortium. Orders for new assignment of Inder Jit Singh, incumbent coal secretary, will be issued shortly.
- Chhabilendra Roul, special secretary, Department of Agricultural Research and Education, named officer on special duty, Department of Fertilizers. He will take over as secretary on retirement of Bharathi Sihag on Dec. 31.
- Yogendra Tripathy given the charge of secretary, Ministry of Tourism on superannuation of Rashmi Verma on Nov. 30. Tripathy was chairman and managing director, Food Corporation of India.
- Shalini Prasad appointed member secretary, tariff commission, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion. She was special secretary, Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Ashok Kumar Singh appointed secretary, National Commission for Scheduled Tribes. He was additional secretary, Lok Sabha Secretariat.