Trump's Growth Boost, Canada Heats Up, London Housing: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Good morning Americas. Here’s the latest news from Bloomberg Economics to help get your Tuesday started:
- The U.S. economy is poised for its best back-to-back quarters of growth since 2014, handing President Donald Trump a $20 trillion talking point just in time for the midterm congressional elections.
- For the first time in a decade, Canada’s policy makers are worrying the economy is running too hot instead of too cold.
- London’s housing market is in bad shape -- possibly even worse than it looks on paper
- The pound’s inevitable sharp move on the final Brexit outcome will have big implications for Bank of England policy.
- China is responding to the slump in its stock markets and the slowdown in the economy with a trickle of stimulus to stabilize, rather than rejuvenate, investor sentiment.
- Indonesia’s central bank left its benchmark interest rate unchanged on Tuesday, opting to save some of its policy ammunition after five hikes since May helped to stabilize the currency.
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.