Modi Appoints Atanu Chakraborty As Economic Affairs Secretary In Bureaucratic Rejig; Subhash Garg Named Power Secretary
The Narendra Modi government on Wednesday rejigged the top-level bureaucracy, two months after coming back to power.
The current Finance and Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg has been appointed as the new power secretary by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet which is headed by the Prime Minister. The incumbent Power Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla has been appointed as the officer on special duty in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The current Department of Investments and Public Asset Management Secretary Atanu Chakraborty would replace Garg as the economic affairs secretary. Anil Kumar Khachi would take charge as the DIPAM Secretary.
The term of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade Secretary Ramesh Abhishek ends on July 31. Guruprasad Mohapatra, the current chairman of Airports Authority of India would replace Abhishek.
Here are some of the other key changes:
- Anshu Prakash, the current additional secretary at Department of Telecommunications has been promoted as the secretary of the department.
- RS Shukla appointed as secretary of Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- Ravi Capoor appointed as secretary of Ministry of Textiles.
- Atul Chaturvedi, the present additional secretary at Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade appointed as secretary, Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- PO Vaghela appointed as secretary of Department of Pharmaceuticals.
- Anuradha Mitra, present member (Finance), Digital Communications Commission, Department of Telecommunications appointed as secretary of Department of Official Language.
- GV Venugopala Sarma appointed as member secretary, National Disaster Management Authority.
- Ravi Mittal, present additional secretary at Department of Financial Services has been promoted as special secretary in the department.
- Pramod Kumar Das, the current additional secretary of Department of Expenditure, has also been promoted as special secretary of the department.
- Sanjeev Nandan Sahai, the present additional secretary, Ministry of Power has been promoted as the special secretary in the ministry.