PM Modi Announces Sept. 25 Launch For National Health Protection Scheme
Watch PM Modi's Speech Speech On 72nd Independence Day
Need 'Kashmiriyat, Jamhooriyat, Insaaniyat' in Jammu & Kashmir, Says Modi
The people of Jammu & Kashmir will soon have facilities to develop their villages, said Modi.
Solutions will be brought to the state with 'Kashmiriyat, Jamhooriyat, Insaaniyat', Modi said, echoing Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s approach towards the region.
Hum goli aur gaali ke raaste par nahi par gale laga ke aage badhna chahte hain. Aane wale kuch hi mahino mein Kashmir mein gaon ke logon ko apna haq jatane ka avsar milega aur panchayat chunav honge.Narendra Modi, Prime Minister, India
Law Is Supreme, Says PM Modi
“The rule of law is supreme, there can be no compromise with it,” said Prime Minister Modi speaking about violence across the nation, especially those against women.
“We have to free our society and country from this disgusting mentality of rape. Recently in Madhya Pradesh a rapist was hanged by fast track court. We should spread this news and make people aware,” he said.
He further spoke about the progress made under the Triple Talaq law.
“The practice of Triple Talaq has caused great injustice to Muslim women. We are striving to end this practice but there are some people who are not wanting it to end. I promise the Muslim women that I will work to ensure justice is done to them,” he said.
Modi On Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyan
Speaking about the insurance pillar of the Ayushman Bharat programme, Modi said that around 10 crore families will get health coverage worth Rs 5 lakh under the scheme.
- Pilot testing for Jan Arogya Abhiyan to begin from today
- Jan Arogya Abhiyan to be launched nationwide on Sept. 25, covering 50 crore people
- In the last two years, more than 5 crore Indians have progressed above the poverty line, Modi said, citing an international report.
- More than 6 crore non-existent people had been receiving government benefits in the past. “Our government has put a stop to this corruption”, he said.
- Rs 90,000 crore that was in the wrong hands is now being used for the country's welfare.
- A World Health Organisation report stated that 3 lakh children's lives have been saved due to our efforts of ‘Swachh Bharat’.
- “As significant as economic growth, is dignity of the individual,” Modi said. Our schemes such as Ujjwala and Saubhagya Yojana are enhancing the dignity of fellow Indians.