Portfolios, Jobs, Crises and Superpowers
(Bloomberg View) -- Start your week with off right the finest morning train reads in the land:
- The Permanent Portfolio (Irrelevant Investor)
- A Worrisome Dearth of Women in the Fund Industry: Studies have found that women run just 2% of the mutual fund industry’s assets. That’s a problem (Barron’s)
- Why Obama isn’t getting credit for the economy (Vice); see also Public and Private Sector Payroll Jobs: Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama (Calculated Risk)
- South Carolina’s looming pension crisis (Post and Courier)
- Can the U.S. Become an Energy Superpower in 2017? (Bloomberg)
- Credit Restrictions Cost Home Buyers "Deal of a Lifetime" (Wall Street Journal); see also Higher Rates Don’t Mean Lower House Prices After All (Wall Street Journal)
- Multi-Millennial Perspective: The View from the Far Future (Bradford-Delong)
- Where Does Trump Get His News? BuzzFeed News analyzed all the links Donald Trump tweeted (BuzzFeed)
- Sports can help you live longer, but some have a bigger effect than others (Business Insider)
- The Man Who Stands Between Earth and Asteroid Armageddon: NASA’s planetary defense officer. (Bloomberg)
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.