Your Weekend Reading
What you’ll want to read this weekend
U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has suggested hiking income taxes on the wealthy. Small problem—the rich are really good at dodging them.
The last time a U.S. administration tried to influence who would take over Venezuela, it didn’t turn out so well for Washington.
It’s the end of an era. The Rothschild family is selling its last piece of land in Austria.
This productivity expert can concentrate for hours on one problem without being distracted. So can you, but don’t check your email.
What you need to know next week
- The arrest of Roger Stone carries serious implications for Trump.
- Earnings season continues, with Apple, Facebook and Amazon.
- The U.S. and China hold trade talks as a deadline approaches.
- Theresa May faces another round of critical votes over Brexit.
- In the U.S., look for jobs news and the Fed’s plans for the future .
From Bloomberg Businessweek
Want to try the most exciting food in America? Get out of New York. So-called second cities—think Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Asheville—are leading the charge when it comes to culinary innovation. Here’s what to know and where to go.
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.