SoftBank Reportedly in Talks to Sell T-Mobile U.S. Shares to Deutsche Telekom
(Bloomberg) -- SoftBank Group is in talks to sell a significant portion of its stake in T-Mobile U.S. to Deutsche Telekom, DJ reports, citing unidentified people familiar with the matter.
- The deal would boost Deutsche Telekom’s stake in T-Mobile to above 50% from nearly 44% now.
- The deal size is still being discussed.
- Deutsche Telekom may buy the shares at a slight discount.
- A deal isn’t guaranteed and talks could still break down, the people said.
- NOTE: SoftBank controls 24.65% of T-Mobile U.S. as of April 1, according to Bloomberg data.
©2020 Bloomberg L.P.