Rate-Hike Talk, Bye Stimulus, France’s Stunning Rebound: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Sign up for the New Economy Daily newsletter, follow us @economics and subscribe to our podcast.
Welcome to Thursday, Americas. Here’s the latest news and analysis from Bloomberg Economics to help you start the day:
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President Mary Daly and her Philadelphia Fed peer Patrick Harker joined the ranks of officials publicly discussing an interest-rate increase as early as March as the central bank seeks to combat the hottest inflation in a generation
- The world economy bounced back from the Covid-19 slump faster than most forecasters reckoned was possible a year ago thanks largely to record injections of government money. Now those aid programs are getting trimmed or wound down
- France’s stunning economic rebound may seal Macron’s re-election
- For more on that story, listen to this week’s Stephanomics podcast
- Britain’s labor market slowed from near record levels of job creation as coronavirus infections surged last month
- A panel of lawmakers from the U.K. Parliament delivered a blow to the Bank of England’s effort to launch a digital currency, saying officials have given no convincing reason that it’s needed
- Norway’s race to appoint a new central bank governor is reaching a finale mired in controversy at the prospect of a political ally and friend of Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Store getting the job
©2022 Bloomberg L.P.
Stay Updated With OnWeb News On BloombergQuint