Powell's Challenge, May's Push, Japanese Inflation: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Welcome to Thursday, Europe. Here’s the latest news from Bloomberg Economics:
- U.K. and European negotiators are working through the night to hammer out the final part of the Brexit deal as Theresa May fights to keep on track
- Fed chief Jerome Powell is likely to turn more wary about marching interest rates higher after a December hike as weaker-than-projected reports on business investment, consumer confidence and the job market signals a shift
- That slowing comes as President Donald Trump faces new Nafta roadblocks in Congress
- Signs of a capital exodus from the world’s biggest emerging market are hard to find. What gives?
- Meanwhile, slow but steady improvement in Japan’s core inflation gauge has come to a halt
- For our American friends, your guide to winning the economy debate at Thanksgiving dinner
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.