Death Toll From New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attacks Rises to 51
(Bloomberg) -- The death toll from a terrorist attack on two New Zealand mosques has increased to 51 after a man injured in the shootings died overnight.
The 46-year-old man, who was a Turkish national, had been in a critical condition since the March 15 attack, police and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said in statements on Friday. “We have all been hoping for the best however he has now succumbed to the injuries sustained in the shooting,” Ardern said. Nine others remain in hospital and all are in a stable condition, she said.
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.