IOC Member Says Tokyo Olympics Will Be Postponed: USA Today
(Bloomberg) -- International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound said the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo will be postponed, the USA today reported, citing an interview.
- Postponement will likely be to 2021; details will be worked out over the next four weeks
- “On the basis of the information the IOC has, postponement has been decided,” Pound said in the interview
- “The parameters going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know”
- IOC will announce next steps soon
- “We will postpone this and begin to deal with all the ramifications of moving this, which are immense,” Pound said
- Read More: Tokyo Olympics Nears Postponement With Teams Exiting Over Virus
©2020 Bloomberg L.P.