Fed Monetary Pledge, U.S. GDP Day, European Confidence: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Welcome to Thursday, Americas. Here’s the latest news and analysis from Bloomberg Economics to help you start the day:
- Declaring that the battle against Covid-19 is not over, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell pledged to keep the monetary spigots wide open to aid the pandemic-hit economy
- Last year brought an unprecedented health crisis and historically swift contraction but should end on a relatively positive note, Bloomberg Economics says ahead of GDP data
- U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen talked with her U.K. and German counterparts about resolving mushrooming disputes over the taxation of internet giants such as Facebook Inc.
- Economic confidence in the euro area fell in January, after governments extended Covid restrictions and vaccination campaigns got off to a slow start
- Meanwhile, the European Central Bank is ready to use all the tools necessary to stimulate inflation, one Governing Council member said
©2021 Bloomberg L.P.