Extradition of U.S. Diplomat’s Wife Sought in U.K. Teen’s Death
(Bloomberg) -- U.K. police said extradition is being considered of the wife of an American diplomat who fled the country after a car crash that killed a teenage motorcyclist.
A file related to Anne Sacoolas had been given to prosecutors and the case was now pending in front of the extradition unit, police in central England said in a statement.
- Sacoolas had generated global headlines last year after 19-year-old Harry Dunn was killed in a crash with a car driven by her.
- Sacoolas fled the country after the crash.
- Telegraph reports that Interpol has issued a red-notice for Sacoolas.
- Prosecutors charged Sacoolas with causing death by dangerous driving in December.
- Case led Prime Minister Boris Johnson to criticize the U.K.’s “imbalanced” extradition treaty with the U.S.
©2020 Bloomberg L.P.