ECB's Window, BOJ's Threshold, Davos Predictions: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Happy Friday, Europe. Here’s the latest news and analysis from Bloomberg Economics to help get your day started:
- The European Central Bank will only have a narrow window to raise interest rates before the euro-area economy becomes too weak, according to a Bloomberg survey of the economists
- Also on Europe, Bloomberg Economics expects Spain’s economy to slow in coming quarters as slack is finally used up
- More Bank of Japan watchers see the central bank keeping policy unchanged this year, underscoring growing risks to the economy and the BOJ’s inflation efforts; but where is the BOJ’s pain threshold?
- Southeast Asia, seen as a potential winner from the U.S.-China trade war, is starting to see more sour data, as tensions weigh heavily on the trade-reliant region
- The Trump administration is said to be considering whether to renominate Marvin Goodfriend to join the Federal Reserve Board
- How Davos proved accurate in predicting the stock market selloff of 2018
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.