Coronavirus Doesn’t Show Much Mutation So Far, WHO Official Says
(Bloomberg) -- Coronavirus hasn’t caused a pandemic and strategy is still to extinguish transmission, World Health Organization’s Sylvie Briand said at press conference in Geneva.
- Unknowns that remain about virus are because “it takes time to come to strong conclusions:” Briand
- It’s not clear that asymptomatic patients are contagious, they could just be at early stages of experiencing symptoms
- WHO giving advice to businesses to keep employees safe, for instance to airlines, where personnel can be exposed to infected passengers
- “It’s very hard to combat stigma” but agency working with Google and others to provide advice and combat rumors
- WHO expects to be able to give a better estimate of the severity of the disease in coming days
©2020 Bloomberg L.P.