Brexit Breakthrough?, Italy, U.S.-China Trade Deal: Eco Day
(Bloomberg) -- Good morning Europe. Here’s the latest news from Bloomberg Economics to help get your Monday started:
- Two weeks of strategic silence on the progress of Brexit talks appears set to end this week
- Big fight. How did the Irish border become the biggest fight of Brexit?
- Talking Italy. Euro-area finance ministers gathering in Brussels on Monday will discuss Italy’s escalating budget standoff with the EU
- Deal maker. A U.S.-China trade deal is likely to begin rather than end at the Group of 20 summit in Argentina
- Walk the talk. China intends to cut import taxes further and spend more on goods from abroad
- Take note. Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda dropped a heavy hint Monday that he wants to normalize monetary policy once the BOJ gets closer to its price goal.
- Looking ahead. Goldman Sachs says global economic growth should be somewhat softer next year as tighter financial conditions bite
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.