Which Song Makes You Sad? Which Mattress Makes You Happy?
(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Your midweek morning train reads:
- Bed Addiction: How the Mattress Store Conquered America (City Lab)
- When Diversification Doesn’t Spread Your Risks (Wall Street Journal) see also What Will Always Be True (Of Dollars And Data)
- Waymo’s Big Ambitions Slowed by Tech Trouble (The Information)
- A Fake Warren Buffett Twitter Account Is Spewing Life Advice — and It’s Amazing (Quartz)
- Why German Corporate Boards Include Workers (Bloomberg View) but see Why U.S. Corporate Boards Don’t Include Workers (Bloomberg View)
- Spotify Is on a Collision Course With the Major Record Companies. Here’s Why. (Music Business Worldwide)
- California Advances an Ambitious Climate Policy That Should Be a Model for the World (MIT Tech Review)
- America Has Gonorrhea (Vice)
- Remember When Everyone Was Buying an Amazon Echo? Here’s What Happened. (Slate)
- Think 2018 Will Be the Hottest Year on Record? I’ll Bet $78.46 You’re Wrong (Inverse)
What are you reading?
Can Data Reveal Saddest No. 1 Song Ever?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg Opinion columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He is the author of “Bailout Nation.”
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.