Air France-KLM Names Air Canada's Benjamin Smith as CEO
(Bloomberg) -- Air France-KLM confirms that its board has decided to name Benjamin Smith as chief executive officer amid opposition from Air France-KLM’s unions over the airline naming a foreign manager.
- Smith was Air Canada’s chief operating officer and passenger airlines president until today
- Smith will take up his duties at Air France-KLM at the latest on Sept. 30
- Board will announce as quickly as possible an updated governance structure on the roles and missions of the non-executive chairmanship of Air France-KLM and Air France
- Statement says Smith is “a man who prefers dialogue”
- NOTE: Earlier, Air France Unions Prepare Frosty Welcome for CEO Pick Smith (1)
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.