(Bloomberg Opinion) -- My midweek morning train reads:
- From Rust Belt to Robot Belt: Turning AI into jobs in the U.S. heartland (MIT Technology Review); see also How Tech Companies Conquered America’s Cities (New York Times)
- Angelo Mozilo Is Unrepentant. But There’s No Second Act for the Head of Defunct Lender. (Wall Street Journal)
- Hedge funds boost “responsible investment” strategies (Financial Times)
- How Much Do Tax Havens Cost the Rest of Us? (Barron’s)
- Why Are Millions Paying Online Tax Preparation Fees When They Don’t Need To? (ProPublica)
- Looking for signs of global warming? They’re all around you (AP); see also Climate change will make rice less nutritious, putting millions of the world’s poor at risk (the Conversation)
- Buyers tied to Russia, former Soviet republics paid $109 million cash for Trump properties (McClatchy)
- Science Isn’t Broken (FiveThirtyEight)
- The facts about Trump’s policy of separating families at the border (Washington Post)
- Tina Fey and the 40(ish) Most Powerful People in Comedy (Hollywood Reporter)
What are you reading?
Undocumented immigrants are considerably less likely to commit crime than citizens
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.