(Bloomberg) -- Good morning Americas, Here’s news from Bloomberg Economics to help get your week started:
- President Donald Trump is headed for a showdown with America’s allies at a Group of Seven summit this week in Quebec, with the European Union and Canada threatening retaliatory measures unless he reverses course on new steel and aluminum levies.
- Meanwhile, China says all deals are off if fresh tariffs are imposed and Singapore thinks both sides are raising global risks
- Investors are worried that political upheaval in Italy will derail euro-area economic growth
- At the same time, Greece is giving Europe another headache as talks on further debt relief are at a stalemate with two months to go before expiration of the euro area’s final crisis-era bailout
- Germany’s economy may be booming, but we ask why women aren’t feeling the gains
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.