Here are today's top stories
President Donald Trump signaled his intention to impose tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese imports, sending a hawkish message days before more trade talks.
Facebook's ad placement tools are being used by more companies to discriminate against older job-seekers, a proposed class action lawsuit alleges.
It's not just America: The entire world isn't prepared for retirement. New data show people all over the globe don't understand basic concepts of investment and inflation.
An employee at Steve Bannon's former news site recruited a Bernie Sanders activist to get African Americans to support Trump on election day—or stay home.
What you'll need to know tomorrow
- ABC canceled Roseanne Barr's show after she made a racial slur.
- Millions of women will make Fortnite a billion-dollar game.
- There's a lot to love about tableside service in restaurants, but it's finally gone too far.
- If you do want tableside service, Katz's will send its famous pastrami (and cutters) to you.
- Starbucks closed 8,000 stores for anti-bias training Tuesday afternoon.
- The EU has proposed banning plastic forks and other single-use plastic products.
- Airlines secretly hope there isn't a doctor on the plane.
What you'll want to read tonight
De Beers, the company that almost single-handedly created the allure of diamonds as the rare, expensive, eternal symbol of love, now wants to sell you some party jewelry that's anything but.
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.