Mad Men, Robot Soldiers and Mom-and-Pop Pot
(Bloomberg Opinion) -- My Tuesday morning train reads:
- Which Jobs Are Workers Most Willing to Move For? These Ones (Real Time Economics); see also Moving to a Place Instead of a Job (Bloomberg View)
- How the Math Men Overthrew the Mad Men (New Yorker)
- When Your Investing Robot Has a Mind of Its Own (MoneyBeat); see also The U.S. Army Is Turning to Robot Soldiers (Bloomberg)
- Shady Marketplaces Selling Fake Facebook Profiles Operate in Plain Sight (BuzzFeed)
- Here’s the Fastest-Growing Strategy in Smart Beta (Institutional Investor); see also How Investors Can (and Can’t) Create Social Value (SSRN)
- How the “World’s Most Comfortable Shoe” Is Challenging Nike and Adidas (Wall Street Journal)
- California’s underground pot market continues to thrive. Is the tax man to blame? (McClatchy); see also Deep-Pocketed Investors Are Storming Oregon’s Cannabis Market. They’re Shifting the Business Model From Mom-and-Pop Shops to Starbucks. (Willamette Week)
- What exactly is Betsy DeVos’s school safety commission doing? (Vice)
- How Trump changed everything for the Onion (Politico); see also “The Onion” Has Finally Read Michael Cohen’s 2013 Email Regarding His Client and Would Like to Discuss the Matter Further at His Convenience (the Onion)
- The Coming Wave of Murders Solved by Genealogy (the Atlantic)
What are you reading?
Vanguard by the Numbers
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.