Ritholtz's Reads: Flat Earthers, Pensions and McCain's Battle
(Bloomberg) -- My end-of-week morning train reads:
- California’s most powerful voice on Wall Street? Its pensions (LA Times)
- Companies Should Maximize Shareholder Welfare, Not Market Value (Journal of Law, Finance and Accounting)
- How Texas, Once an Economic Drag, Became the Nation’s Fastest-Growing Economy (Real Time Economics)
- Smart Beta Vs. Factor Funds: What’s the Difference? (ETF.com)
- Who caused the Bay Area’s housing shortage? (Mercury News)
- Nobody Planned This, Nobody Expected It (Collaborative Fund)
- John McCain Battles Donald Trump With His Dying Breaths (New York Times); see also McCain: “Vladimir Putin Is an Evil Man” (Wall Street Journal)
- Life gets better after 50: Why age tends to work in favor of happiness (the Guardian)
- I Went to a Flat Earth Convention to Meet Flat Earthers Like My Mom (Vice)
- Mbah-a-Mouteball: How the Rockets Chased Value to Challenge the Warriors (Wall Street Journal)
Market shares of personal computers, first 40 years
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.