Ritholtz's Reads: Horse Racing, Alt-Labor and Peak Superhero
(Bloomberg) -- My end-of-week morning train reads:
- The Gambler Who Cracked the Horse-Racing Code (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- I’d be nothing without my Cuban father: Jeff Bezos talks about his upbringing in Texas, New Mexico and Miami (Miami Herald)
- Impact investing must resolve its identity crisis (Financial Times)
- Value Investing Portfolios Are Not Dead, But Some Have Done Better Than Others (Alpha Architect)
- A Bear Market Would Be a Death Knell for Active Funds (Bloomberg View)
- Fake it till you make it: meet the wolves of Instagram (the Guardian)
- The innovation turning desert sand into farmland (BBC)
- As Unions Shrink, the Alt-Labor Movement Steps Up (City Lab)
- The Benefits of Admitting When You Don’t Know (Behavioral Scientist)
- Peak superhero? Not even close: How one movie genre became the guiding myth of neoliberalism (Salon)
Robots Are Now Everywhere, Except in the Productivity Statistics
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.