France Outlook Changed to Positive by Moody's on Macron Reforms
(Bloomberg) -- France affirmed by Moody’s; outlook changed from stable.
- Moody’s cites French President Emmanuel Macron’s ambitious and wide-ranging reform program and the government’s commitment to fiscal consolidation
- Reform program won’t be fully implemented until late next year, and the impact of these reforms on growth and France’s balance sheet won’t be visible for some time, Moody’s says
- Moody’s sees France’s budget deficit declining further to 2.3% of GDP this year
- Moody’s unlikely to consider possibility of rating upgrade until end of 2019 or early 2020
- NOTE: April 24, A Year After Win, Markets Still Fans of Macron. What’s Next? (1)
©2018 Bloomberg L.P.