Legal Pot, Values Voters and Bracing for 2018
(Bloomberg View) -- My "off shopping to spend my tax cut" morning train reads:
- Embrace passive management already (Chicago Booth Review)
- 98,750,067,000,000 Reasons to Be Worried About 2018 (Bloomberg Gadfly)
- Canada could make billions from legal pot (CNN Money)
- Bitcoin, Ignorance and You (MoneyBeat); see also Even Robots Are Joining the Bitcoin Craze as Quants Seek an Edge (Bloomberg)
- Tech Giants’ Shadows Fall Over Promising Startups (Barron’s)
- Voters don’t vote their self-interest. They vote their values. (George Lakoff)
- How 41 People in Lithuania Took Over Your Facebook Feed (New York Times)
- Inside the secretive nerve center of the Mueller investigation (Washington Post)
- What the Pliocene epoch can teach us about future warming on Earth (Science News)
The Annoying Capex Vs. Buyback Argument
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg View columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He blogs at the Big Picture and is the author of “Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy.”
For more columns from Bloomberg View, visit http://www.bloomberg.com/view.
©2017 Bloomberg L.P.