`Considerable Work to Do' in Brexit Talks: Ireland's Coveney
(Bloomberg) -- Still considerable work to do in phase one of Brexit negotiations on future of Irish border, Irish foreign minister Simon Coveney says.
- Says difficult for U.K. to combine leaving single market, customs union, and keep “invisible” border
- Says U.K. will have “no greater ally” than Ireland in phase two of Brexit talks
- Favors transition period “closer to four or five years than two”
- Says Ireland is “competitive” in bid to host EBA after Brexit
- Comments in speech in Dublin
©2017 Bloomberg L.P.