Serendipity, Luck and Conspiracy Theories
(Bloomberg View) -- At 99 days in, our morning train reads:
- The education of Donald Trump (Politico)
- Is the Nasdaq Topping Out? Judging the Staying Power of Record Markets (Bloomberg View)
- Rob Arnott, "Godfather of Smart Beta," Tells Investors: You’re Doing It Wrong (Wall Street Journal)
- The crucial money decision Elon Musk made when he was broke (CNBC)
- Ten Year Futures (Benedict Evans)
- Life Is Serendipity (Santa Clara Magazine); see also Luck looms larger in success than most of us think (Cornell Chronicle)
- George Soros Took Control of 183 Groups and 12 People So Far This Year, According to Alex Jones and InfoWars (Daily Beast)
- Is Every Speed Limit Too Low? (Priceonomics)
- Meet the Woman Who Took Bill O’Reilly Down (Marie Claire)
- On the generous curiosity of Jonathan Demme and how he allowed audiences along for the ride (LA Times)
Trump’s Hard Line Collides With Demographics
Want to receive our daily reads in your inbox? Sign up here!
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
Barry Ritholtz is a Bloomberg View columnist. He founded Ritholtz Wealth Management and was chief executive and director of equity research at FusionIQ, a quantitative research firm. He blogs at the Big Picture and is the author of “Bailout Nation: How Greed and Easy Money Corrupted Wall Street and Shook the World Economy.”
To contact the author of this story: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
For more columns from Bloomberg View, visit http://www.bloomberg.com/view.