IBrains, Hot Hands and Billion-Dollar Myths
The weekend is here! Pour yourself a mug of KickAss coffee, grab a comfy-seat poolside lounger, and get ready for our longer-form weekend reads:
• Holdout: If a private development wants your place, and you refuse to sell, there’s not much they can do (99% Invisible)
• The iBrain Is Here -- And It’s Already Inside Your Phone (Backchannel)
• Busting the billion-dollar myth: how to slash the cost of drug development (Nature.com)
• How Researchers Discovered the Basketball ‘Hot Hand’ (NY Mag)
• The Spectrum Auction: How Economists Saved the Day (Priceonomics)
• Like. Flirt. Ghost: A Journey Into the Social Media Lives of Teens (Wired)
• How Chicken Conquered the American Dinner Plate (First We Feast)
• The Drone Presidency (NY Review of Books)
• How the Beatles’ ‘Revolver’ Gave Brian Wilson a Nervous Breakdown (Medium)
• America’s Golf Courses Are Burning (Bloomberg)
Source: CFA Institute
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or Bloomberg LP and its owners.
To contact the author of this story: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
For more columns from Bloomberg View, visit http://www.bloomberg.com/view.