All You Need To Know Going Into Trade On May 25
Asian stocks were steady Tuesday after technology shares spurred a Wall Street rally as Federal Reserve officials tried to soothe concerns about inflation.
Equities in Japan, South Korea and Australia rose modestly at the open. U.S contracts edged up after the S&P 500 climbed and the Nasdaq 100 outperformed amid a jump in Apple Inc. and Tesla Inc.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of India's Nifty 50 Index’s performance, rose 0.45% to 15,269.50 as of 7 a.m.
The Fed comments aided sentiment, as officials reiterated they expect transitory rather than lasting price pressures from the U.S. economic rebound. Ten-year U.S. Treasury yields and the dollar were stable following a retreat.
Oil held an advance after Iran said that gaps remain in negotiations aimed at reaching a deal to end U.S. sanctions on its crude. The Bloomberg Commodity Spot Index advanced the most in about a week.
Bitcoin soared in part on Elon Musk’s support for an apparent effort to improve its green credentials.
Grasim Industries Q4FY21 (Standalone, QoQ)
- Revenue up 19% at Rs 4,394.25 crore Vs Rs 3,696.61 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 4,339.3 crore)
- Net profit 34% at Rs 480.19 crore Vs Rs 357.87 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 407.6 crore)
- Ebitda up 26% at Rs 810.89 crore Vs Rs 644.52 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 767 crore)
- Ebitda margin at 18.5% Vs 17.4% (BBG Estimate: 17.67%)
- Recommended a dividend of Rs 5 per share and a special dividend of Rs 4 per equity share
Earnings Post Market Hours
Mahanagar Gas Q4FY21 (QoQ)
- Revenue up 8% at Rs 784.04 crore Vs Rs 727.33 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 763 crore)
- Net profit down 2% at Rs 212.77 crore Vs Rs 217.21 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 235 crore)
- Ebitda at Rs 316.16 crore Vs Rs 316.72 crore (BBG Estimate: Rs 331.2 crore)
- Ebitda margins at 40.3% Vs 43.5% (BBG Estimate: 30.79%)
- Recommended final dividend of Rs 14 per share
JK Paper Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 21% at Rs 898.16 crore Vs Rs 744.88 crore
- Net profit at Rs 136.07 crore Vs Rs 64.59 crore
- Ebitda up 47% at Rs 228.43 crore Vs Rs 155.19 crore
- Ebitda margin at 25.4% Vs 20.8%
- Recommended a dividend of Rs 4 per share
Balaji Amines Q4FY21 (Consolidated, QoQ)
- Revenue up 6% at Rs 414.03 crore Vs Rs 392.12 crore
- Net profit up 13% at Rs 88.80 crore Vs Rs 78.90 crore
- Ebitda up 10% at Rs 128.91 crore Vs Rs 117.36 crore
- Ebitda Margins at 31.1% vs 29.9%
- Recommended final dividend of Rs 4 per share
Stocks To Watch
- Bal Pharma: Launched Favipiravir formulation in the Indian market, under the brand name BALflu. Favipiravir is an emerging anti-viral drug used for patients with mild to moderate Covid-19 infection. This formulation is available in tablet form with 400 mg strength.
- GMM Pfaudler: Commenced manufacturing operations at its facility at Vatva near Ahmedabad on May 24. The new facility will enhance the company’s capacity in Heavy Engineering. It is spread over 11.9 acres with seven manufacturing bays equipped to manufacture a wide range of Heavy Engineering equipment.
- PNB: Appointed Ashutosh Choudhury as Chief Risk Officer effective May 24.
- Amara Raja Batteries: Clarios to sell 1.71 crore shares for an aggregate $174 million. The floor price fixed at Rs 746 per share.
- No Nifty Earnings
- Non-Nifty Earnings: Emami, Lux Industries, Laxmi Organic Industries, TVS Srichakra, Valiant Organics, VIP Industries, Vardhman Textiles, AIA Engineering, Thermax, Alkem Laboratories, TTK Prestige, AstraZeneca Pharma India, Bajaj Electricals, Bayer Cropscience, Computer Age Management Services, Gati, Goldiam International, Polyplex Corporation, Precision Camshafts, Ramco Systems, Godawari Power & Ispat, Igarashi Motors India, Indoco Remedies, Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India, Kirloskar Brothers, Mukand, Newgen Software Technologies, Share India Securities, Shri Jagdamba Polymers, Stove Kraft, Transport Corporation Of India, Transpek Industry, Anjani Portland Cement
Pledge Share Details
- Kuantum Papers: Promoter Kapedome Enterprises created a pledge of 39 lakh shares on May 22.As reported on May 24.
- Reliance Infrastructure: Housing Development Finance Corporation sold 50 lakh shares (1.90%) at Rs 55.3 per share.
- Reliance Home Finance: IndusInd Bank sold 32.95 lakh shares (0.68%) at Rs 2.51 per share.
- Pidilite Industries: Promoter Panna Sanghavi sold 27,500 shares on May 21.
- Apollo Tyres: Promoter PTL Enterprises bought 6.93 lakh shares between May 19-21.
- Mahindra CIE Automotive: Promoter Participaciones Internacionales Autometal bought 19.54 lakh shares between October 30, 2020 and May 20, 2021.
- Eris Lifesciences: Promoter Himanshu Shah sold 2.58 lakh shares between May 19-21.
- Godrej Agrovet: Promoter Godrej Industries bought 18,229 shares on May 19.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- M&M Financial Services: To meet Nirmal Bang Securities and Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company on May 28.
- Tata Power Company: To meet Wellington Management on May 25 and SBI Mutual Fund on May 26. The company will meet Capital Group on June 1.
- Indian Energy Exchange: To meet Aquamarine on May 25.
- Gland Pharma: To meet Axis Asset Management Company on May 26.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India: To meet ICICI Prudential AMC, Nippon Life AMC, Premji Investments and Ocean Dial Asset Management on May 27 and DSP MF on May 28.
- Adani Transmission: To meet Capital Group on June 3.
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Oriental Hotels, TCI Express
- Ex-Date Final Dividend: Tata Consultancy Services, Trident
- Ex-Date AGM: Supreme Infrastructure India
- Ex-Date Scheme Of Arrangement And Dividend: Britannia Industries
- Record Date Interim Dividend: Kennametal India
- Record Date Stock Split: Emerald Leisures
- Move Into Short-Term ASM Framework: Vardhman Holdings, IIFL Securities
- Move Out Of Short-Term ASM Framework: Jaiprakash Power Ventures, Triveni Engineering & Industries
- Move Into ASM Framework: Hexa Tradex, Adani Transmission
Money Market Update
- The rupee ended at 72.96 against the U.S. Dollar on Monday as compared to Friday's closing of 72.83.
- Nifty May futures ended at 15,190; discount of 7.7 points.
- Nifty May futures shed 5.18% and 6,867 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank May futures ended at 34,893.20; discount of 50.4 points
- Nifty Bank May futures shed 12.83% and 8,654 shares in Open Interest
- Securities added to the ban list: Canara Bank
- Securities that continue to be on the ban list: BHEL and PNB
- Securities out of the ban list: Jindal Steel & Power, Nalco and SAIL