Your Weekend Reading: The High Cost of Cheap Drugs
What you’ll want to read this weekend
He never saw it coming. Bloomberg Businessweek gets deep inside the takedown of auto titan Carlos Ghosn.
Boeing executives are debating whether to plow an estimated $15 billion into the 797, a new family of airliners that could transform air travel.
Marie Kondo wants to save millions of people from clutter—and clean up financially along the way.
What you’ll need to know next week
- The Patriots and Rams face off Sunday in Super Bowl LIII.
- Trump’s rescheduled State of the Union address is Tuesday.
- Earnings are coming from GM, Toyota, Alphabet, Snap and Twitter.
- U.S. negotiators will head to China soon as trade talks heat up.
- The crisis in Venezuela has intensified. Who will prevail?
What you’ll want to read right now
President Nicolas Maduro’s attempt to shift 20 tons of bullion overseas unravelled because central bank staffers got scared of the prospect of U.S. sanctions and refused to follow orders. A Russian airplane that one lawmaker alleged was in Caracas to haul the metal away left without it. The issue of Venezuela’s gold reserves, and where they could end up, has become a microcosm of the nation’s crisis.
©2019 Bloomberg L.P.