Stocks To Watch: Tata Power, Union Bank, Torrent Pharma, Natco Pharma, GTPL Hathway
- Torrent Pharma: Acquires the Indian formulations business of Unichem Labs for Rs 3,600 crore
- NTPC: Unchahar plant shutdown not material to the company
- Natco Pharma: Invested Rs 7.5 crore in OMRV Hospitals
- United Spirits: Obtained RBI approval to sell stake in Nepal subsidiary
- Mercator: To sell its vessel Harsha Prem for $3.42 million.
Indian equity benchmarks rose to record highs on Friday, led by gains in heavyweights like Larsen & Toubro, State Bank of India and HDFC Bank. The S&P BSE Sensex rose 0.33 percent to 33,686 and the NSE Nifty 50 Index advanced 0.28 percent to 10,452.
The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of NSE Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, fell 0.15 percent to 10,470 as of 7:00 a.m.
Here are the stocks to watch out for in Monday’s session:
- M&M to consider issuance of bonus shares on Nov. 10.
- Torrent Pharma: Acquires the Indian formulations business of Unichem Labs for Rs 3,600 crore.
- SBI AMC: Gets RBI nod to buy 10 percent stake in AU Small Finance Bank.
- KSB Pumps: Begins commercial production of energy pump division at its Satara unit.
- Pincon Spirits: Chairman Manoranjan Roy arrested in Rs 56 crore scam (Times of India).
- NTPC: Says Unchahar plant shutdown not material to the company.
- V2 Retail: Closed three operational retail stores at Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh), Haridwar (Uttarakhand) and Kishanganj (Bihar).
- Natco Pharma: Buys 7.5 percent stake at Rs 7.5 crore in OMRV Hospitals
- Oricon Enterprises: To sell 51 percent stake in packaging unit for an enterprise value of Rs 419.40 crore t Pelliconi & C.S.P.A
- Jayaswal Neco Industries: Recommended debt restructuring plan to joint lenders forum
- Sadbhav Infra: Achieves financial closer for all seven hybrid annuity projects
- VRL Logistics: To buyback 9 lakh equity shares (0.99 percent) at a price of Rs 460 per share; a 23 percent premium to Friday's closing price
- United Spirits: Says received RBI approval to sell stake in Nepal subsidiary
- Southern Petrochemical Industries: Entered into an agreement with KEIGHT Gas India to develop and supply re-gasified LNG
- GE T&D: Sold its global financial shared services business for Rs 6.5 crore on a slump sale basis
- Mercator: To sell its vessel Harsha Prem for $3.42 million. The proceeds of the sale would be used to repay debt
- Reliance Comm: Brookfield calls of $200 million RCom deal for buying stake in its tower assets
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management to make stock market debut after IPO gets 81 times demand. Base price of Rs 252 per share
- New India Assurance IPO day closes. Issue subscribed 1.2 times overall
- Khadim India IPO day 3. Issue subscribed 0.45 times at end of day 2
- Nifty November futures closed at 10486, premium of 34 points versus 31 points.
- November contracts- Nifty open interest up 2 percent; Bank Nifty open interest up 7 percent.
- India VIX closed at 11.9, down 0.7 percent.
- Max open interest for November series at 10,500 Call open interest at 30.5 lakhs, down 6 percent.
- Max open interest for November series at 10,000 Put, open interest at 62.2 lakhs, up 17 percent.
- In Ban: HDIL, Indiabulls Real Estate, JSW Energy
- New in Ban: Reliance Communications
- Out of Ban: Wockhardt
Alert: Only intraday positions can be taken in stocks under F&O ban. There will be a penalty in case these intraday positions are rolled over.
Active Stock Futures
- Bharti Telecom bought 18.4 crore shares or 4.6 percent stake at Rs 544.2 each
- Indian Continent Investment Ltd sold 18.4 crore shares or 4.6 percent stake at Rs 544.2 each
- DSP Blackrock MF bought 4.99 lakh shares at Rs 140 each
- Ashapura apparels Pvt Ltd sold 14.22 lakh shares at Rs 141.53 each
- Amrapali Capital and Finance services bought 34.35 lakh shares or 0.6 percent stake at Rs 168.04 each
- Capston Capital Partners sold 20 lakh shares or 0.6 percent stake at Rs 28.01 each
- Promoter Fizza s Lakdawala sold 9.4 lakh shares or 1.1 percent stake at Rs 62.47 each
- Anil Bansilal Lodha sold 6.75 lakh shares or 1.3 percent stake at Rs 110.45 each
- ABL Infrastructure sold 5.95 lakh shares or 1.2 percent stake at Rs 110.45 each
- Riddhi Portfolio bought 8.62 lakh shares or 1.7 percent stake at Rs 110.44 each
Earnings Reactions To Watch
BSE Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 22 percent at Rs 111 crore.
- Net profit up 4.7 percent at Rs 67 crore.
- EBITDA up 132 percent at Rs 26.4 crore.
- Margin at 23.8 percent from 12.5 percent.
Sheela Foam Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 18.2 percent at Rs 486 crore.
- Net profit up 13.3 percent at Rs 34 crore.
- EBITDA up 9.5 percent at Rs 57.5 crore.
- Margin at 11.8 percent from 12.8 percent.
Titan Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 29.6 percent at Rs 3473 crore.
- Net profit up 68 percent at Rs 284 crore.
- EBITDA up 50.75 percent at Rs 398 crore.
- Margin at 11.45 percent from 9.85 percent.
VRL Logistics Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 0.4 percent at Rs 452 crore.
- Net profit up 57.14 percent at Rs 22 crore.
- EBITDA up 8.9 percent at Rs 55 crore.
- Margin at 12.2 percent from 11.2 percent.
Zensar Technologies Q2 (QoQ)
- Revenue up 3.5 percent at Rs 763 crore.
- Net profit up 34 percent at Rs 63 crore.
- EBITDA up 17.3 percent at Rs 88 crore.
- Margin at 11.56 percent from 10.2 percent.
Siti Networks Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 21.8 percent at Rs 352 crore.
- Net loss of Rs 52 crore from net loss of Rs 38 crore.
- EBITDA up 41.5 percent at Rs 66.5 crore.
- Margin at 18.9 percent from 16.3 percent.
Selan Exploration Technology Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 42 percent at Rs 17 crore.
- Net profit up 97 percent at Rs 4.6 crore.
- EBITDA up 161 percent at Rs 5.8 crore.
- Margin at 33.6 percent from 18.3 percent.
India Nippon Electricals Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 9.4 percent at Rs 117.7 crore.
- Net profit up 4.5 percent at Rs 11.2 crore.
- EBITDA up 52 percent at Rs 17.5 crore.
- Margin at 15 percent from 12 percent.
Kitex Garments Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 39 percent at Rs 148.6 crore.
- Net profit up 84.5 percent at Rs 24.1 crore.
- EBITDA up 35 percent at Rs 43 crore.
- Margin at 29 percent from 29.8 percent.
Lumax Industries Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 11 percent at Rs 379.6 crore.
- Net profit up 22 percent at Rs 20.8 crore.
- EBITDA up 18 percent at Rs 30.2 crore.
- Margin at 8 percent from 8.4 percent.
Sarda Energy & Minerals Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 23 percent at Rs 347.4 crore.
- Net profit up 200 percent at Rs 37.6 crore.
- EBITDA up 7.9 percent at Rs 63.71 crore.
- Margin at 18.3 percent from 20.8 percent.
Motilal Oswal Financial Services Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 40 percent at Rs 704.5 crore.
- Net profit up 42 percent at Rs 143.8 crore.
Relaxo Footwears Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 16.4 percent at Rs 460 crore.
- Net profit up 19 percent at Rs 32.1 crore.
- EBITDA up 17.2 percent at Rs 61.5 crore.
- Margin at 13.4 percent from 13.5 percent.
Torrent Pharma Q2 (YoY)
- Revenues unchanged at Rs 1429 crore.
- Net profit down 1.4 percent at Rs 204 crore.
- EBITDA down 0.3 percent at Rs 329 crore.
- Margin at 23.02 percent from 23.09 percent.
Godrej Agrovet Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 0.8 percent at Rs 1426 crore.
- Net profit up 14.1 percent at Rs 81 crore.
- EBITDA down 5.2 percent at Rs 146 crore.
- Margin at 10.2 percent from 10.9 percent.
Sical Logistics Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 25.25 percent at Rs 248 crore.
- Net profit down 14.3 percent at Rs 6 crore.
- EBITDA up 18.75 percent at Rs 38 crore.
- Margin at 15.3 percent from 16.2 percent.
Shipping Corporation of India Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 6.6 percent at Rs 808 crore.
- Net loss of Rs 76 crore from net loss of Rs 18 crore.
- EBITDA down 7.1 percent at Rs 125 crore.
- Margin at 15.5 percent from 17.7 percent.
UCO Bank Q2
- Net interest income down 47.5 percent at Rs 655 crore.
- Net loss of Rs 623 crore from net loss of Rs 385 crore.
- Provisions up 10 percent at Rs 1,323 crore from 1,204 crore (QoQ).
- GNPA at 19.74 percent from 19.87 percent (QoQ).
- NNPA at 9.98 percent from 10.63 percent (QoQ).
Union Bank Q2
- Net interest income up 2 percent at Rs 2,321 crore.
- Net loss of Rs 1531 crore from net profit of Rs 177 crore.
- Provisions up 85 percent at Rs 3,465 crore.
- GNPA at 12.35 percent from 12.63 percent (QoQ).
- NNPA at 6.7 percent from 7.47 percent (QoQ).
EPC Industries Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue down 66.7 percent at Rs 15 crore.
- Net loss of Rs 5 crore from net loss of Rs 1 crore.
- EBITDA at Rs -6 crore from Rs -0.4 crore.
- Margin at -40 percent from -0.9 percent.
Pennar Engineered Building Systems Q2 (YoY)
- Revenue up 2 percent at Rs 132.5 crore from Rs 130 crore
- Net profit down 40 percent at Rs 3.6 crore from Rs 6 crore
- EBITDA down 33 percent at Rs 8.9 crore from Rs 13.3 crore
- Margin at 6.7 percent from 11.1 percent
Earnings To Watch
- Century Textiles & Industries
- Fortis Malar Hospitals
- GTPL Hathway
- Gujarat Gas
- Gulf Oil Lubricants India
- Housing & Urban Development Corporation
- Indian Bank
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures
- Just Dial
- Kec International
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech
- NRB Bearing
- Parag Milk Foods
- Piramal Enterprises
- Raunaq EPC International
- Rural Electrification Corporation
- Thomas Cook
- Torrent Power
- Triveni Turbine
- Welspun Corp
- ICICI Lombard: BofA-ML initiated 'Buy' rating and a price target of Rs 810; implying a potential upside of 20 percent.
- APL Apollo Tubes: Emkay initiated 'Buy' with price target of Rs 2,812; implying a potential upside of 52 percent.
- Tata Power: CLSA maintained 'Buy' with a price target of Rs 100.
- Union Bank: CLSA maintained 'Buy'; hiked price target to Rs 210 from Rs 160.
- CLSA maintained 'Buy'; Cuts price target to Rs 1,640 from Rs 1,660.
- Credit Suisse maintained 'Outperform'; hiked price target to Rs 1,600 from Rs 1,370.
- Credit Suisse maintained 'Outperform'; hiked price target to Rs 760 from Rs 635.
- Macquarie maintained 'Outperform'; hiked price target to Rs 907 from Rs 700.
- UBS maintained 'Buy'; hiked price target to Rs 810 from Rs 750.
- Royal Sundaram, insurance arm of Sundaram Finance. looks to raise up to $100 million (Mint).
- Indian Oil to raise Rs 700 crore through bond sale (Mint).
- Himadri speciality mulls investing Rs 628 crore for brownfield expansion (Business Line).
- RIL to raise Rs 5000 crore debt through private placement (Mint)
- Adani to invest Rs 20,000 crore in the state in next five years (ET).
- May take PNB MetLife public next fiscal, says PNB CEO (Business Line).