Stocks To Watch: NTPC, SAIL, Tata Motors, Yes Bank
Asian stocks climbed after a third straight day of gains on Wall Street, in a tentative sign of optimism among investors encouraged by uprecedented stimulus actions. The S&P 500 rose more than 6 percent Thursday after the U.S. Senate passed a $2 trillion fiscal package. Equity benchmarks climbed at least 3 percent in Tokyo and Seoul, and about 2 percent in Sydney, while U.S. futures saw more modest gains.
Here Are The Stocks To Watch Out For In Today’s Trade
- Tata Motors: Moody's reviews ratings of the company for downgrade. Moody's has placed on review for downgrade Tata Motors' Ba3 corporate family rating and Ba3 senior unsecured debt rating. The outlook has been revised to ratings under review from negative.
- NTPC has executed a share purchase agreement to acquire a 100 percent stake in NEEPCO from the Government for Rs 4,000 crore. On Nov. 21, CCEA had given in-principle approval to the government’s proposal to divest stake in NEEPCO to NTPC along with transfer of management control.
- Yes Bank looks to raise another Rs 5,000 crore in one or more tranches. Bank had raised Rs 10,000 crore from domestic lenders led by State Bank of India in March.
- Balrampur Chini Mills: ICICI Bank invested Rs 51 crore in the company’s NBFC arm-Auxilo Finserve for a 9.9 percent stake.
- L&T Infotech’s arm Syncordis bagged a new deal for digital banking solutions from Standard Chartered Bank.
- GOCL Corporation: The board approved the issue of collateral security up to Rs 1,000 crore for loans sanctioned/to be sanctioned to Hinduja National Power Corporation by a Bank.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank gets SEBI approval for Rs 976 crore IPO.
- Maharashtra Seamless has acquired an offshore drilling rig from the company’s Singapore associate company-Star Drilling for $100 million. The afore-mentioned rig is currently operating under contract with ONGC.
- Arvind Fashions: The Board has deferred the rights issue of the company.
- United Spirits to close down its office and manufacturing units till April 14.
- Bajaj Group has committed Rs 100 crore for a fight against Covid-19 via various initiatives.
- Aviation Stocks: The government extends the ban for international flights till April 14.
- SAIL said that capacity utilization is likely to go down during the period of lockdown.
- Indiabulls Housing Finance: Promoter Sameer Gehlaut acquired 23 lakh shares (0.54 percent) at Rs 96.56 per share.
- Jindal Stainless (Hisar): Albula Investment acquired 38.82 lakh shares (1.76 percent) at Rs 35 per share and India Max Investment Fund sold 38.82 lakh shares (1.76 percent) at Rs 35 per share.
- Apollo Pipes: Promoter Saket Agrawal sold 1.3 lakh shares (0.99 percent) at Rs 250 per share.
- Apollo Tricoat Tubes: Promoter Shri Lakshmi Metal Udyog acquired 1.58 lakh shares (0.52 percent) at Rs 300.32 per share.
- Just Dial: Goldman Sachs sold 3.6 lakh shares (0.56 percent) at Rs 281.2 per share.
- GHCL: HDFC Bank sold 10.29 lakh shares (1.05 percent) at Rs 74.08 per share.
- JSW Steel: Theleme Master Fund acquired 2.85 crore shares (1.18 percent) at Rs 153.8 per share and Morgan Stanley (France) sold 2.19 crore shares (0.91 percent) at Rs 153.8 per share.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Info Edge to meet CLSA on March 30
- Mahindra Logistics to meet Ashmore Investments on March 27
- Sharda Motors record date for demerger.
- Godrej Properties price band revised from 20 percent to no band. Stock to be traded in F&O Segment.
- Indian Terrain Fashions, Shriram City Union Finance price band revised from 20 percent to 10 percent.
- JMC Projects, MAS Financial Services, IIFL Finance, Lemon Tree Hotels, KRBL, Heritage Foods, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, Future Enterprises, Repco Home Finance, Jubilant Life Sciences to move into ASM Framework
- Asahi Songwon Colors, Symphony, Brigade Enterprises, Prism Johnson, HEG, KEC International, GATI, Spandana Sphoorty Financial to move into short term ASM Framework.
- Godrej Industries promoter Anamudi Real Estates acquired 4 lakh shares from March 23-25
- Adani Ports & SEZ promoter Flourishing Trade acquired 35.61 lakh shares on March 25
- JSW Steel promoter JTPM Metal Traders acquired 20.7 lakh shares from March 23-24
- Great Eastern Shipping promoter Ravi Seth acquired 1.32 lakh shares from March 23-24
- Jamna Auto promoter Map Auto acquired 54,550 shares from March 24-25
(As Reported On March 26)
Money Market Update
- The rupee ended stronger at Rs 75.16 against the dollar on Thursday versus Rs 76.07 against the dollar on Tuesday. (Currency market closed on Wednesday, March 25)
- Nifty April futures closed at 8677, a premium of 35.8 points
- Nifty futures across series open interest up 8 percent, adds 13.4 lakh shares in open interest
- Nifty Bank April futures closed at 19,338.9, a discount of 275 points
- Nifty Bank futures across series open interest up 9 percent, adds 1.2 lakh shares in open interest
- Rollover-Nifty 62 percent, Nifty Bank 55 percent
- Nifty PCR at 1.42 Vs 1.22 (across all series)
Nifty weekly Expiry: April 1
- Max open interest on call side at 9,000 (6.8 lakh shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 8000 (7.4 lakh shares)
Open interest addition seen in 8500P (6.6 lakh shares), 12,000C (6 lakh shares), 8000P (+4.9 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: April 30
- Max open interest on call side at 9,000 (12.4 lakh shares)
- Max open interest on put side at 8000 (16.8 lakh shares)
Securities In Ban
- Not Updated Yet