Stocks To Watch: Happiest Minds Tech, Suven Pharma, HSIL, Deepak Nitrite, HCL Tech, ICICI Bank
Asian stocks and U.S. futures fell Thursday after Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell highlighted uncertainty about the economic rebound. The dollar advanced against major peers.
Shares in Japan, Australia and South Korea dipped and S&P 500 contracts declined. The Singapore-traded SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the Nifty 50 Index’s performance in India, fell 0.2% to 11,576 as of 6:35 a.m.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- HCL Technologies announced the expansion of their strategic partnership with Google Cloud.
- Aviation Stocks: Airlines operators have sought government help to ask banks to defer loan repayments by six months, and not to classify such loans as non-performing, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said in written reply to parliament. Local carriers also sought aviation turbine fuel to be included under the country’s goods and services tax regime, and excise duty on jet fuel to be abolished.
- Dhanuka Agritech: Board sets record date for share-buyback as Sept.28. On July 22, Board had approved buyback of 10 lakh shares at Rs 1,000 per share aggregating to Rs 100 crore.
- ICICI Bank: Board approved proposal to resume seeking approval from RBI for the
- appointment of Sandeep Batra as a wholetime director (designated as executive director) of the Bank, for a period of five years.
- Suven Pharma: Board sets record date for bonus issue at Sept.28. On Aug.17, board approved bonus issue of one share for every one share held in the company.
- Puravankara: Board approved issue of raising Rs 70 crore via NCDs.
- Intellect Design Arena: Company’s banking platform has gone live for Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait.
- HSIL to consider share buy-back on Sept.21.
- Crisil has upgraded long term rating outlook of bank loan facilities of Rs 750 crore of Deepak Nitrite from CRISIL AA- to CRISIL AA- with outlook changing from stable to positive.
- Sanofi India: Charles Billard resigned from the post of CFO with effect from Sept.30 to take up new role within Sanofi Group. He will continue to be the non-executive director of the company.
Pledged Share Details
- Max India promoter Max Ventures Investment Holdings released pledge of 10.15 lakh shares on Sept.11
- Laurus Labs promoter Satyanarayana Chava released pledge of 6.5 lakh share on Sept.15
- Sadbhav Engineering promoter Shashin Patel created pledge of 31.83 lakh shares on Sept.14
- Asian Paints promoter Smiti Holding and Trading released pledge of 8.36 lakh shares on Sept.15
- MEP Infra Developers promoter Sudha Mhaiskar revoked pledge of 4.5 lakh shares on Sept.11
(As Reported On Sept.16)
Who’s Meeting Whom
- India Energy Exchange to meet ASK Investments, Kontiki Capital Management and other investors from Sept.17-24.
- Syngene to meet Fidelity International, First State Investments and JP Morgan from Sept.17-18
- Mahindra Holidays and Resorts to meet Enam AMC on Sept.17
- Escorts to meet Wellington Management on Sept.17
- Rossari Biotech to meet Fiera Capital on Sept.17
- India Energy Exchange: Dalmia Cement (Bharat) acquired 70 lakh shares (2.34%) at Rs 206.2 per share and DPVL Ventures sold 70 lakh shares (2.34%) at Rs 206.2 per share.
- AGM Date: IPCA Labs, Suven Pharma, Uflex, BEML, REC, Vinati Organics, Suzlon Energy, Majesco, Indraprastha Gas, Neogen Chemicals, Phoenix Mills, Arvind, Apollo Hospitals, Glenmark Pharma, PI Industries, IOL Chemical and Pharma, Kiri Industries.
- Listing: Happiest Minds Technologies.
- Record Date For Rights Issue: Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals (rights at 3:20, premium of Rs 123 per share)
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Datamatics Global Services, SMVD Poly Pack.
- Move Into ASM Framework: Dangee Dums, CHD Chemicals,
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: Max India, Adani Green Energy.
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: AstraZeneca Pharma, Future Retail, Investment Trust of India, HLE Glascoat, Cheviot.
- Grasim promoter IGH Holdings acquired 43.5 lakh shares from Sept.10-11
- Sequent Scientific promoters sold 10 lakh shares Aug.27-Sept.14
- Trident promoter Trident Capital acquired 9 lakh shares on Sept.15
- Mindtree promoters sold 18.5 lakh shares on Sept.14
- Max Healthcare Institute promoter Max Ventures Investment Holdings sold 4.6 crore shares on Sept.11
(As Reported On Sept.16)
- Nifty September futures closed at 11,612; premium of 7 points vs premium of 12 points
- Nifty September futures Open Interest up 4.4%, adds 5lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank September futures closed at 22646; premium of 72 points vs premium of 131 points
- Nifty Bank September futures Open Interest down 3%, adds 51K shares in Open Interest
- Nifty PCR at 1.32
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Sept. 17
- Max Open Interest on call side at 11,700 (27.7 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,500 (31.7 lakh shares)
- Active options: 11,600 Put (14.9 lakh shares), 11,500 Call (-11.4lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Sept. 24
- Max Open Interest on call side at 12,000 (26.2 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,500 (32.2 lakh shares)