Stocks To Watch: Future Enterprises, JSW Steel, Lupin, NIIT, Tata Motors, Thermax
India’s equity markets posted their biggest single-day drop in seven months as a new coronavirus strain in parts of the U.K. dampened investor sentiment. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 3%, or more than 1,400 points, lower at 45,553. The NSE Nifty 50 also closed 3.1%, or more than 400 points, down at 13,328. That’s the worst fall since May this year.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Tata Motors: To increase commercial vehicle prices from January 2021. The company said that steady rise in material and other input costs, impact of forex and transition to BS6 norms, have cumulatively escalated the cost of manufacturing vehicles. The price increase is expected across the portfolio of M&HCV, l&LCV, SCV & Buses. The actual change in price will depend on individual model, variant and fuel type.
- JSW Steel: JSW Steel Italy S.r.l. has entered into a share purchase agreement with Industrial Development Corporation, South Africa to acquire 30.73% of GSI Lucchini S.p.A. Stake to be acquired for a cash consideration of 1 million Euros. Acquisition made to strengthen presence in overseas grinding media markets. JSW Steel's Italian subsidiary already holds balance 69.67% stake in GSI.
- NIIT: To consider buyback of equity shares at its board meeting on December 24.
- Lupin: Has received approval for its Rufinamide Oral Suspension, 40 mg/ml, from U.S. FDA, to market a generic equivalent of Banzel Oral Suspension, 40 mg/ml, of Eisai Inc. Rufinamide Oral Suspension, 40 mg/ ml had estimated annual sales of $124.5 million in the U.S.
- Wendt: Carborundum Universal and Wendt GmBH intend to sell 94,704 shares or 4.74% of the total equity through an offer for sale. The floor price of Rs 2,200 per share is at a discount of almost 31% to Monday's closing price. The OFS opens for non-retail investors today and for retail investors tomorrow. With this share sale, the promoter entities will bring their shareholding down to 75% from 79.74%.
- Cyient: Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce has approved the de-registration of the company’s wholly owned subsidiary Cyient Engineering (Beijing) Limited.
- Indian Bank: The Special Resolution for appropriation of accumulated losses of Rs 18,975.53 crore was passed with requisite majority by the shareholders of the bank during the EGM. The bank had proposed to utilise the amount (Rs 19,833.15 crore) standing in the Share Premium Account for the purpose of setting off the accumulated losses of Rs 18,975.53 crore.
- Engineers India: Fixes January 1, 2021 as the record date for share buyback.
- India Glycols: The appointment of Rupark Sarswat as Chief Executive Officer and Key Managerial Personnel of the Company is effective from 21 December, 2020.
- Thermax: First Energy Private Limited has become a wholly owned subsidiary of the company. Thermax acquired remaining 24% stake in FEPL. The equity shareholding of the company in FEPL stands increased from 76% to 100%.
- Future Enterprises: Defaults on payment of interest of Rs 13.91 crore due on Non-Convertible Debentures.
- United Spirits: Has completed the sale of all the shares held in its subsidiary Liquidity Inc. Liquidity Inc. ceases to be a subsidiary of the company.
Pledge Share Details
- Chambal Fertilisers & Chemicals: Promoter Zuari Global revoked pledge of 17 lakh shares between December 17-18.
- L.G.Balakrishnan & Bros: Promoter V Rajvirdhan revoked pledge of 26.03 lakh shares on December 18.
- The Ramco Cements: Promoter Saradha Deepa created a pledge of 2.48 lakh shares on December 16.
- Adani Enterprises: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 38.32 lakh shares on December 18.
- Aurobindo Pharma: Promoters (RPR Sons Advisors, Prasad Reddy Kambam, Axis Clinicals and Trident Chemphar) revoked pledge of 32.60 lakh shares between October 12-26.
- Jindal Steel & Power: Promoters (Danta Enterprises and Glebe Trading) revoked pledge of 12.12 lakh shares between December 15-16.
- Adani Ports And Special Economic Zone: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge 1.27 crore shares on December 18.
- Adani Transmission: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 84.97 crore shares on December 18.
- Adani Green Energy: Promoters (Gautam S. Adani and Rajesh S. Adani) revoked pledge of 48 lakh shares on December 18. As Reported On December 21
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Puravankara: To meet Spark Capital Advisors (India) on December 22.
- Indian Energy Exchange: To meet White Oak on December 22.
- Balaji Amines: To meet BOB Capital Markets on December 22.
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries: To meet Franklin Templeton on December 22 and Enam AMC and Dolat Capital on December 23.
- Birlasoft: ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund bought 20 lakh shares (0.72%) at Rs 205.15 per share. Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund bought 20 lakh shares (0.72%) at Rs 205.15 per share. Invesco Mutual Fund bought 20 lakh shares (0.72%) at Rs 205.15 per share. Acacia II Partners L.P. sold 67.11 lakh shares (2.42%) at Rs 205.15 per share.
- Majesco: Edelweiss Retail Finance bought 2.04 lakh shares (0.68%) at Rs 974 per share.
- Max Financial Services: Avendus Absolute Return Fund bought 16.73 lakh shares (0.62%) at Rs 653 per share. Moneyline Portfolio Investments sold 37.40 lakh shares (1.39%)at Rs 654.55 per share.
- Price band revised from 10% to 5%: Jaiprakash Power Ventures
- Ex Date Dividend: Anant Raj, Bambino Agro Industries, Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation, Inani Marbles & Industries, Orient Beverages.
- Ex Date Final Dividend: Nikhil Adhesives, Mangal Credit And Fincorp, Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers, Vedavaag Systems.
- Ex Date Stock Split (From Rs 10 to Rs 5): Starlineps Enterprises
- Move Out Of Short-term ASM Framework: Hindustan Foods, Yes Bank, GTL Infrastructure, Panama Petrochem.
- Filatex India: Promoters (Anu Bhageria, Yaduraj Bhageria, Stuti Bhageria and Vedansh Bhageria) acquired 6.05 lakh shares on December 17.
- Man Infraconstruction: Promoter Parag K. Shah acquired 84,369 shares on December 18.
- Great Eastern Shipping: Promoter Gopalo Mulji sold 10,000 shares on December 18.
- Godrej Agrovet: Promoter Godrej Industries acquired 19,040 shares on December 16.
As Reported On December 21