Stocks To Watch: DLF, Indian Overseas Bank, MOIL, Ruchi Soya, SBI, Titan
Asian stocks came under pressure Thursday after the dollar climbed and U.S. equities retreated in the wake of Federal Reserve minutes that signaled tempered optimism about second-half growth. Stocks fell in Japan, Australia and South Korea, while S&P 500 futures fell back.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- State Bank of India has raised Rs 8,931 crore In Tier-II Bonds. The Tier-II bonds with a maturity of 15 years were raised a coupon rate of 6.8% and the credit spread stood at 35.5 basis points over the corresponding government security yield. The total issue was for Rs 10,000 crore with Rs 2,000 as the base issue size.
- Titan stated in a press release that it is fully hedged with gold on lease and gold bought from stock markets. The company said that the ineffective hedge loss due to mismatch in sales quantity will be reversed subsequently with a corresponding reversal of stock gain accrued in the first quarter of fiscal 2021.
- DLF & Hines JV has secured Rs. 2,600 crore Construction Loan for its new project from HDFC.
- Zee Learn: Board accepted the resignation of Ajey Kumar as managing director with effect from Aug.18.
- Solara Active Pharma Sciences has appointed Subhas Anand as the new CFO. Subhas Anand was the ex-CFO and President at PI Industries.
- Karnataka Bank has appointed Justice A V Chandrashekar and Pradeep Kumar Panja as additional directors. Justice A V Chandrashekar is formers judge of Karnataka High Court and Pradeep Kumar Panja was ex-managing director (corporate banking) at State Bank of India.
- Chalet Hotels: Rajeev Newar has resigned from the post of CFO with effect from Aug.19.
- PNB Housing Finance: Board approved raising Rs 1,800 crore via preferential issue/rights issue.
- Ruchi Soya Industries: Acharya Balkrishna resigned from the post of managing director.
- IIFL Wealth Management: Board declared special dividend of Rs 40 per share. Record date is set on Aug. 27. Dividend yield is 3.58% of the closing price as on Aug.19.
- Cosmo Films: Board has given in-principle approval for company's foray in pet care business. Pilot launch is expected by early next year with an investment of Rs 15 crore over the next 18 months in NCR.
- NTPC said in a press release that it would be able to reduce the transportation cost of coal to fuel to its NTPC Kudgi Super thermal power station in Karnataka, to around Rs 200-500 per metric tonnes thereby bringing down the cost of electricity generation, with a newly constructed bridge.
- Yes Bank has sold its entire stake of 6.34 crore shares (10.12% stake) in CG Power & Industrial Solutions, in various tranches.
- Mastek: Abakkus Growth Fund increased stake from 4.96% to 5.9% from March 9-July 9.
Cosmo Films Q1 (Consolidated, YoY)
- Revenue down 11% at Rs 481.3 crore
- Net profit up 69.1% at Rs 47 crore
- Ebitda up 52.3% at Rs 87.1 crore
- Margins at 18.1% versus 10.6%
- Margins improve due to lower raw material costs
Ruchi Soya Q1 (Standalone, YoY)
- Revenue down 2.22% at Rs 3,043.1 crore
- Net profit down 12.1% at Rs 12.3 crore
- Ebidta up 3.3 times at Rs 123.5 crore
- Margins at 4.1% versus 1.2%
- Margins improve due to lower other expenses
- Accelya Solutions
- Healthcare Global Enterprises
- Indian Overseas Bank
- J.Kumar Infraprojects
- Sheela Foam
Pledged Share Details
- India Grid Trust sponsor Sterlite Power Grid Ventures released pledge of 8.55 crore units on Aug.14
- Future Consumer promoter Future Capital Investment invoked pledge of 5.04 crore shares from Aug.17-18.
- JSW Steel promoters released pledge of 3.25 crore shares from Aug.13-14.
- Emami promoters created pledge of 2 lakh shares on March 19
- Adani Green Energy promoter SB Adani Family Trust created pledge of 41.7 lakh shares on Aug.18
(As Reported On Aug.19)
Who’s Meeting Whom
- MCX to meet Creador Advisors on Aug.21
- BSE to meet General Atlantic on Aug.20
- Som Distilleries and Breweries: Vermilion Peak Master Fund sold 6.46 lakh shares (1.99%) at Rs 48.87 per share and Karst Peak Asia Master Fund sold 12.75 lakh shares (3.92%) at Rs 48.88 per share.
- Satin Creditcare Network: Promoter Trishashna Holdings acquired 2.99 lakh rights shares at Rs 19.42 per rights share.
- AGM Date: Tata Steel, Apollo Tyres, Unichem Labs, Tata Communications, Tata Metaliks, Akzo Nobel, Avanti Feeds, IEX, JK Lakshmi Cement, RPG Lifesciences.
- Fund Raising: RBL Bank.
- Bonus: Aarti Drugs.
- Ex-Date For Share Buyback: FDC.
- Price Band Revised From 10% To 5%: Cimmco, Excel Realty & Infra.
- Price Band Revised From 20% To 10%: Hitech Corporation, Man Infraconstruction, Shriram City Union Finance.
- Move Into ASM Framework: Shalimar Paints, CL Educate, Aksh Optifibre.
- Move Into Short Term ASM Framework: Entertainment Network, Aries Agro, Trigyn Technologies,
- Move Out Of Short Term ASM Framework: Polyplex Corporation, Surya Roshni, Datamatics Global Services, KPIT Technologies, Indiabulls Ventures.
- Meghmani Organics promoters acquired 4.12 lakh shares from Aug.13-14
- JSW Steel promoter JTPM Metal Traders acquired 28 lakh shares from Aug.13-14
- Jamna Auto promoter Jaideep Jauhar acquired 75,000 shares on Aug.18
- KEC International promoter Summit Securities acquired 95,000 shares from Aug.14-17
- Mindtree promoters sold 96,526 shares from Aug.14-17
(As Reported On Aug.19)
- Nifty August futures closed at 11,428; premium of 20 points vs premium of 20 points
- Nifty August futures Open Interest down 6%, sheds 6.5 lakh shares in Open Interest
- Nifty Bank August futures closed at 22,313; premium of 27 points versus premium of 29 points
- Nifty Bank August futures Open Interest down 6%, sheds 79,000 shares in Open Interest
- Nifty PCR at 1.6
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Aug 20
- Max Open Interest on call side at 11,500 (35.7 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,400 (28.1 lakh shares)
- Active options: 11,400 Put (15.2 lakh shares), 11,500 Call (7.8 lakh shares)
Nifty Monthly Expiry: Aug 27
- Max Open Interest on call side at 11,500 (23.9 lakh shares)
- Max Open Interest on put side at 11,000 (36 lakh shares)
- In Ban: Adani Enterprises, Aurobindo Pharma, Bank of Baroda, BHEL, Canara Bank, Century Textiles, Indiabulls Housing, Vodafone Idea, JSPL, Manappuram Finance, SAIL, SunTV, Vedanta
- New In Ban: Canara Bank, Century Textiles
- Out Of Ban: Zee Entertainment