Stocks To Watch: Canara Bank, Coffee Day, HCC, NBCC, Titan
Indian equity markets began the new trading week on a positive note, after a sluggish start, gaining momentum in the second half of trade. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 0.8% higher at 45,426 while the NSE Nifty 50 index ended above the mark of 13,300 to end at 13,355 - up 0.7%. Both Sensex and Nifty registered another record high in today's session.
Here are the stocks to watch in trade today:
- Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals: Mukesh Puri, Additional Chief Secretary to Government, Urban Development & Urban Housing Department, appointed as Managing Director of the company.
- Hindustan Construction Company: Defaults on payment of Rs 1,836.11 crore of loan. The total amount of outstanding borrowings from banks/financial institutions/other lenders is Rs 3,742.46 crore.
- Coffee Day Enterprises: Malavika Hegde Director of the company, has been appointed as CEO with effect from December 7. The Board of Directors also appointed three Additional Directors to the board of the company in the capacity of Non-Executive Independent Directors.
- NBCC (India): Secured a total business of Rs 324.81 crore in the month of November, 2020.
- Cupid: Received a purchase order from Uttar Pradesh Medical Supplies Corporation for supply of Covid-19 Antigen Based Rapid Test Kits worth Rs 8.27 crore.
- Titan: Board to request the Favre Leuba AG management to scale down operations of the company substantially with immediate effect so that further investments from Titan to FLAG cease as early as possible. FLAG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Titan and was incorporated in 2012. The company is headquartered in Solothum, Switzerland and owns the Favre Leuba brand. Titan has made a series of investments aggregating to approximately Rs 275 crore in FLAG, over a period of time for the revival of the Favre Leuba brand and its growth plans. However, the current Covid-19 pandemic has severely impacted these revival plans and prospects.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries: Promoter Shanghvi Finance pledged 10 lakh shares on December 3 in favour of Deutsche Investments India as a security for loan availed by the subsidiary.
- Skipper: Acuite Ratings & Research has reaffirmed the long-term rating of A- and the short term rating of A2+ on the Rs 1,950 crore bank facilities of the company. The outlook is 'Stable'.
- Canara Bank: To raise Rs 2,000 crore through qualified institutional placement. The board approved launch of fund-raising process on Monday. Canara Bank board set floor price of Rs 103.5 for the QIP. The board to meet on December 10 to decide on issuance of equity shares to investors.
Pledge Share Details
- Future Retail: Promoter Future Corporate Resources invoked pledge of 10.02 lakh shares between November 25-26.
- Jindal Steel & Power: Promoter Danta Enterprises revoked pledge of 2 lakh shares on December 1.
- Adani Transmission: Promoter (Gautam S Adani and Rajesh S Adani) revoked pledge of 9 lakh shares on December 4.
- Asian Granito India: Promoter Kamleshbhai Patel created a pledge of 75,000 shares on December 4.
Who’s Meeting Whom
- Amber Enterprises: To meet JP Morgan on December 9 and Investec on December 15.
- Asian Paints: To meet Sylebra Capital on December 8.
- Tata Steel: To meet ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund on December 8.
- CEAT: To meet Edelweiss on December 8.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya: To meet Franklin Templeton Investments on December 10.
- Bajaj Finance: To meet Nordea Investments Management AB on December 8, Acacia Partners on December 9, William Blair Funds on December 10, GIC on December 15, and Segantii Capital Management on December 16.
- Indian Energy Exchange: To meet JK Management on December 8.
- SMS Pharmaceuticals: Promoter Vamsi Krishna Potluri bought 10.93 lakh shares (1.29%) at Rs 97.67 per share and 42.24 lakh shares (4.99%) at Rs 94.7 per share. Promoter Annapurna Talluri sold 5.06 lakh shares (0.60%) at Rs 97.7 per share. Promoter Veeravenkata Satyanarayana Murthty Talluri sold 42.42 lakh shares (4.99%) at Rs 94.7 per share and 5.86 lakh shares (0.69%) at Rs 97.65 per share.
- Technocraft Industries (India): Abakkus Emerging Opportunities Fund - 1 bought 5.74 lakh shares (2.35%) at Rs 311 per share. DSP Emerging Stars Fund sold 6.81 lakh shares (2.79%) at Rs 311.03 per share.
- Astra Microwave Products: Emerald Company bought 4.35 lakh shares (0.50%) at Rs 127.24 per share.
- Filatex India: Nishit Fincap sold 12 lakh shares (0.54%) at Rs 35.4 per share.
- AGM: The State Trading Corporation of India, The Orissa Minerals Development Company, The Ruby Mills
- Move In To ASM Framework: HSIL, Ramky Infrastructure, BGR Energy Systems, Kaya, DCW, CG Power And Industrial Solutions, Indiabulls Integrated Services.
- Move In To Short-term ASM Framework: Sadbhav Engineering, Sadbhav Infrastructure Project.
- Move Out Of Short-term ASM Framework: Reliance Capital.
- Arvind: Promoter Arvind Farms sold 3 lakh shares on December 4.
- Max Financial Services: Promoter Max Ventures Investment Holdings sold 3 lakh shares between December 3-4.
- Panama Petrochem: Promoter Hussein Rayani acquired 97,446 shares between December 3-7.
- Sequent Scientific: Promoter Chayadeep Ventures sold 53,246 shares on December 2.
- Godrej Agrovet: Promoter Godrej Industries acquired 36,342 shares on December 1-2.
- Arvind Fashions: Promoter Arvind Farms sold 3 lakh shares between December 2-4.
(As reported on December 7)